StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but haven't found a definitive answer to a question. I am preparing to order side bags SOON for my Whee-strom: Givi E41s. Now I need to decide on mounting system.
Givi or Motech? (quick release) I would prefer to keep the width as narrow as possible.

I thought (huh?) I read somewhere that one of the above gives a tighter fit, aka narrower rear width overall. I also wish to keep the bags as low as possible (keeping weight low) without compromising clearance on turns.

Appreciate comments, observations, experiences.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've read that the GIVI mounts are a little bit "tighter" to the bike - but when you are talking about what is probably a 1/4" - 1/2" difference on a 44+" width, it just isn't that big a deal.

Get the ones you like for the features you want. I bought the GIVI's and have been very happy with them. They went on quickly, and are very strong - the cases go on/off in seconds - and I don't think the bars covering the mufflers looks out of place when I ride without the cases.

Hope this helps,
Bob S.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess it depends on how important Quick-release is to you. FWIW, I have the Givi sidecase racks and E41 bags. Though I rarely use the bags, I leave the racks on permanently and I don't mind the look. The Vstrom wasn't about to win any beauty contests anyway! The naked racks look kind of like crash bars for your tail.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moto_potato said:
I guess it depends on how important Quick-release is to you. FWIW, I have the Givi sidecase racks and E41 bags. Though I rarely use the bags, I leave the racks on permanently and I don't mind the look. The Vstrom wasn't about to win any beauty contests anyway! The naked racks look kind of like crash bars for your tail.
I will probably leave the racks on the bike, and the Givis, too. I have a 65+ mile commute on weekdays and the small saddle bags on the bike I use now are always packed full (gym stuff, bike cover, magazine/papers to read on train, blah blah). Heck, I use them for grocery shopping, too (and my helmet for grocery basket :)

One difference between the two racks from pics I've seen with E41s mounted is the bags sit a bit lower on the SW Motech racks then on the Givi racks. Important for tying down bed/tent rolls on top.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Saddles

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cbenoit1/

Take a look at those pics. Those are GIVI racks/Windscreen/Crash Bars

I love the look, makes my bumble bee turn even more heads when people ask: "those rear crash guards"?

hihi

:p

V.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts