StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Tom,

have a look at a 35 mm long protector to keep the push-rod clean. I think the soft hose version is a good approach. My rod keeps pretty clean but I don't ride in ice and snow. Should also help the slave cylinder.

I think you riding in all weather is more likely the reason for slave cylinders failing eventually. Will be interesting to see what your experience is. Looking forward to your report in the future. :)

·
Administrator
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tom,

have a look at a 35 mm long protector to keep the push-rod clean. I think the soft hose version is a good approach. My rod keeps pretty clean but I don't ride in ice and snow. Should also help the slave cylinder.

I think you riding in all weather is more likely the reason for slave cylinders failing eventually. Will be interesting to see what your experience is. Looking forward to your report in the future. :)
Should have something meaningfull to say ithe summer of 2022 when I have 100, 000 km or so on the next bike.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Heard back from both Tutoro and Fortnine. Tutoro would like to do business with them to sell their products and oil and Fortnine kinda sounds interested. It would be a good fit IMHO. Ryan F9 wants his usual 35% cut though, so maybe no deal.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heard back from both Tutoro and Fortnine. Tutoro would like to do business with them to sell their products and oil and Fortnine kinda sounds interested. It would be a good fit IMHO. Ryan F9 wants his usual 35% cut though, so maybe no deal.
Totally worth it!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I just a few days ago mounted mine same location as nicad and kdombeck -- tucked to the inside of the square frame on the left side. There's a nice little gap there, and it's tucked out of harm's way.

I also got Tuturo's "shark fin" because I didn't pay attention and realize the swingarm has an M8-threaded hole to which I could easily have attached my own hack bracket. Nicad's bracket looks good. Mine would have looked hideous, but would stil have proved functional -- after all, it doesn't actually have to do much. If I did it again, I'd probably skip the shark fin, if only because I'm cheap and like dorking around with stuff sometimes...in part to remind myself not to take on any larger fabrication projects since I'm not very good at it.

It's possible a bracket isn't even necessary...I swear I saw someone mount the feed nozzel directly to through the bolt hole. Closing the distance between hose mount and sprocket is probably a good idea, though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am just running out of the tutoro oil
And am currently filling with Scott's oiler oil as I type this
On first comparisons Scott's seems like a slightly lighter weight oil
But they seem to be very similar, soni am going for it
I will report back after I run through this fill.
20200630_074704.jpg
20200630_075013.jpg
20200630_075452.jpg
20200630_075801.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
They suggest Mineral Hydraulic oil if you can't get theirs. Here is Tutoro's oil desirability breakdown. I'll probably just buy theirs again from the Uk if I have to. A litre lasts a while.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Power-steering fluid is hydraulic oil without any friction enhancers, unlike ATF fluid. That should work fine and is readily available everywhere. Or what am I missing?

NEVA20 Rally ----- IT’s A GO !!! ------
Catskills NY - Cooperstown - Woodstock

July 31 to August 2, 2020
WWW.NEVA20.COM
NEVA20 - July 31 to August 2, 2020 - Catskills NY -...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been running a Tutoro system since April 2015 and am very happy with it. Here is what I posted when I installed it.

·
Administrator
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks everyone for your pictures and advice!

I mounted it last night. Went for a little ride today to meet up with my brother about 100 km away and realized I had left the flow at four turns so it went though over half the reservoir. Have backed it down to about a half turn and will fine tune it over the next few days. I don't have Tutoro oil so I wanted to use mineral Hydraulic oil. The only thing I could find yesterday was a 5 liter bottle so I have tons. (I will have to get a smaller container for road trips.)

The pre-load adjustment for the rear suspension takes up a bit of room in this spot but it fits:

I haven't trimmed the holder for the nozzle:

I have a hypodermic thingy with a tube on the bottom that makes it easy to top up:

Thanks again everyone!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
4 Turns? Mine was on too high once and there was oil all over the tire . Luckilly I didn't try to pretend I was Kenny Roberts that day. I wish they had a lock bolt on the adjustment. Maybe that will be my next attempt at a mod.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Administrator
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The Tutoro uses so little oil you shouldn’t need to fill it on a trip. 1 fill should do thousands of miles.
I suppose but my last few trips have been 6,000 to 7,000 miles.

..Tom

21 - 40 of 71 Posts