StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read elsewhere in these forums that some have used Pelican cases on their Wees. After checking out various models of Pelican cases, i can see why this would be so. They appear to be great options for a number of reasons.
My question is for those who may have mounted a flat type of case on the back of the bike: how did you mount it? What techniques, hardware, etcetera? The same for side cases, what models?
thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check out - Caribou Luggage Systems for pelican based systems. I have their side cases. The rack is very well made and sturdy. If you don't want their full setup, they do sell DIY mounts too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Some ideas: bigger Pelican 1550's, Givi Racks (PL-532), aluminum angle and channel, McMaster Carr key locks, stainless nuts and bolts. The locks work OK, a little stiff. A little more than a one day project, but it wound up being a cost effective route, as I waited patiently for the Pelicans to pop up on Ebay. Rubber stripping on the inside of the aluminum pieces holds the cases very snugly on the racks; no movement or vibration while riding. I was going to take the pieces off to paint black, but I got lazy. Use silicone caulk under the washers when through-bolting the cases to keep water tight; also where the stainless meets the aluminum. I've been up to around 90 mph indicated with no stability issues (they weren't loaded, though, YMMV).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have Seahorse cases which are very similar and alot cheaper. They are mounted to SW Motech quick racks with the adapters from twisted throttle. I wasn't sure of the quality but after seeing my brother wreck on pavement with his, I have to say they will totally hold up.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
If you want to go the Pelican route, I agree with the 1550 suggestion. They are just about the perfect size.

I used a set on Givi racks, permanently mounted to the racks with basic nut / bolt / fender washer hardware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts