StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got myself a Duratool top case for Christmas and i was wondering how i should go about mounting it. I don't have a bracket or anything so i am considering just bolting it directly to the back rack. Anyone here have any experience with this? What about a parts list i need to get from the hardware store? Any advice on placement? I bought the 22" wide version btw.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
This is how I did mine. I made the quick release mounts to work with my homemade luggage rack, but I'm pretty sure I could adapt the design to work with the stock luggage rack. All the pieces were made from laminated ABS plastic and the standard aluminum "L" channel that you find at places like Lowe's.

The case locks in place where the two ABS blocks slip under the luggage rack, and the single threaded knob at the back secures it. When you unscrew the knob and pull the case to the rear, it comes right off.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/members/41909-rcinnc-albums-top-box-quick-release.html

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Thanks, BugMagnet. It was actually pretty easy. The only power tools I needed to make everything (including the aluminum luggage rack) were an electric drill and a scroll saw; the rest was done with a coping saw and files.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Hi Roger. Those are Nelson Rigg CL-850 soft bags. Very well made, and very roomy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW thats a nice install. A little beyond my abilities i think though!

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
This how I did mine on the stock rack, just undo one wing nut and it is off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts