StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here tried this? It might benefit folks that live in hot climates. If you could find a heat sink, or make one that fits the curve, apply some heat sink compound and clamp it on with a hose clamp........

Just a thought,
Al

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
If it is free, do it. If not free, and the temp is hot, go up to a higher viscosity oil at no extra cost.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
IIRC there's some already aftermarket options to do what you are suggesting. I'd wonder how much it would help over the already existing oil to air heat exchanger we have on the bike.

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
Suzuki omitted the oil cooler for a reason on the new Wee2 motor, I will just assume that it is no longer needed or of significant value.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The Wee2 still cools it's oil just via a different means. Instead of the "radiator" that most people see it uses a oil to coolant heat exchanger between the filter and the motor. It's still cooled just by a different means.

I'd imagine it was done more for emissions than for anything else. Trying to keep engine temps more constant over a wider temperature range than for any advantage to cooling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts