StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotoZ TRACTIONATOR® GPS 50 / 50 Dual Sport Adventure Tire, Finally arrived to US from Australia.
:smile2:Have you tried that?
I am going to order a pair for 2008 DL 1000 and will update about the experience.
Ride safe /Ride long

·
Registered
223 Posts
FortNine called the GPS his favourite tire in this category.
GPS description starts around the 3:22 mark.

KKORO

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have about 5k on mine did a write up on here. Still having a rear lock up issue almost rear ended a guy yesterday in the rain. His fault mostly not the tires.

·
Administrator
5,718 Posts
I have about 5k on mine did a write up on here. Still having a rear lock up issue almost rear ended a guy yesterday in the rain. His fault mostly not the tires.
You cannot have tires that last but grip well on the wet seal - or grip as well on any seal. That is the compromise that Mitas E-07's display as well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You cannot have tires that last but grip well on the wet seal - or grip as well on any seal. That is the compromise that Mitas E-07's display as well.
Agreed which I get but never had the rear issue with my 805 at least not to this extent anyway and for the money I rather just mount tires than deal with it. The dry road manners of this tire is the biggest draw for me, cause they have nothing on the 804/805 off road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've now done 11000 kms on my 2017 DL650 with Motoz GPS of which 2000 kms have been on dirt/gravel back roads/tracks and they are about half worn with no scolloping on the front. Good all round tyre on all surfaces including the wet.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have over 30,000 km's of experience with these tires on a Super Tenere and a Triumph 1200 XCA, I love em, they air down to 25 PSI easily for sandy/muddy outback riding, last extremely well, and grip the black top 100% better than K60 scouts do.

As soon as I run my new V-Strom in, I will replace the road tires with GPS's as well.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,093 Posts
I am gonna have to give this tire a try next.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I may go with these rather than a new set of E07's when the Mitas' finally wear out.

·
Administrator
17,093 Posts
I may go with these rather than a new set of E07's when the Mitas' finally wear out.
I’m very annoyed with the buzz and vibes from the original E07, worst of any tire I’ve ridden on. Supposedly the new plus version is much smoother ride, but I’m likely to try these tires next.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m very annoyed with the buzz and vibes from the original E07, worst of any tire I’ve ridden on. Supposedly the new plus version is much smoother ride, but I’m likely to try these tires next.
I liked the performance off-road of the new 07 plus, but it at the expense of about 20% more wear, they just don't last as long as the older version did.

They also rumble quite loud on the blacktop, but settle down after a few hundred km's

·
Administrator
5,718 Posts
On that opinion, the Mitas Plus is a Mitas Minus. Unlike the Metzeler Karoo 3, I have not noticed any objectionable noise from the E-07's.
More noise and less mileage. Hmm.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I'm not the most discerning of cats, as I've noted before on other posts; the vibration of the E07's doesn't bother me, at least no more than the Shinko 705's does. Unless the performance is really horrible, my most important criteria for a touring tire is mileage. If I can't count on getting 8 to 10 thousand miles out of a new rear E07 Plus, I'm going to have to start shopping around again. I've avoided the K60s because of their reputation on wet pavement, but that may be the last tire brand that'll give me the long distances I need. The Motoz tires were number one on my list this spring when I was planning my trip out west, but they were impossible to get, so I went with the old version of the E07's. I was very satisfied with them, but if the reports of a loss of mileage are accurate for the E07 Plus, then the tires aren't right for my kind of riding any more, no matter how well the Plus performs in the dirt. Ordinarily I take mileage reports on tires with a grain of salt, but I really haven't read anything at all yet on the lifespan of the Tractionator, either good or bad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not the most discerning of cats, as I've noted before on other posts; the vibration of the E07's doesn't bother me, at least no more than the Shinko 705's does. Unless the performance is really horrible, my most important criteria for a touring tire is mileage. If I can't count on getting 8 to 10 thousand miles out of a new rear E07 Plus, I'm going to have to start shopping around again. I've avoided the K60s because of their reputation on wet pavement, but that may be the last tire brand that'll give me the long distances I need. The Motoz tires were number one on my list this spring when I was planning my trip out west, but they were impossible to get, so I went with the old version of the E07's. I was very satisfied with them, but if the reports of a loss of mileage are accurate for the E07 Plus, then the tires aren't right for my kind of riding any more, no matter how well the Plus performs in the dirt. Ordinarily I take mileage reports on tires with a grain of salt, but I really haven't read anything at all yet on the lifespan of the Tractionator, either good or bad.
I got 16,000 kms on my 1st set of GPS 11's on a Triumph Tiger 1200 XCA

I got 14,000 Km's on my 2nd set 60% dirt riding

And got 17,000 kms on my Super tenere, 30% road/70% dirt

Keep them well inflated on the blacktop. and they will last well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts