StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have these more interested in thoughts on the front tire right now. More than likely going to try a pair but just wanting to hear from any of you who have experience with these. Thanks for any info..

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Rather than waiting a day or two for a response, there are already plenty of impressions posted if you do a search of the forum.
Not much info out on these tires, in particular here on the forum. Consensus "elsewhere" is that they are right on par with Mitas E07 and Heidenau K60's.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was about to say couldn't find much on these specifically just the desert HT and others. I think I'm gonna try a set this dirt season.

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Be sure to report back with your thoughts, as I too am intrigued by this tire.

Reactions: madscrapper85

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure to report back with your thoughts, as I too am intrigued by this tire.
Hard to pull the trigger knowing how good the 805/804 are, at the price point it's killing me to do it but I don't like the front 804 much. It's cupping pretty hard kinda why I was asking for people with experience. At the very least I'll be picking up the front. I wasn't extremely impressed with my buddies E07 front not much tread there compared to the 804 definitely felt like it would slip easier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am interested and following too, I am just about 1,500 miles into an E-07 rear and looking at the E-07 vs GPS for a run up to Deadhorse and back next summer. Looking to see if I can do it on one set of tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Have a look on the ADV forums Aussie section , some guys over there were using them and posted up their thoughts.

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Hard to pull the trigger knowing how good the 805/804 are, at the price point it's killing me to do it but I don't like the front 804 much. It's cupping pretty hard kinda why I was asking for people with experience. At the very least I'll be picking up the front. I wasn't extremely impressed with my buddies E07 front not much tread there compared to the 804 definitely felt like it would slip easier.
Always a compromise with 50/50 or 60/40 tires, but there is a very good reason why so many who venture off pavement run the E07 and K60's. My Shinko big blocks have been great, have about 3.5K on them and still decent tread left. They wear better than TKC 80's for half the price, really hard 50/50 tires to beat.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really starting to get disappointed with Chaparral Motorsports. Ordered tires last Sunday have shipping notice from Tuesday which has said order processed ready for shipment ever since. Have now been on hold for 36 minutes trying to talk to someone.... This sure as hell ain't Revzilla

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lately I've had the best service with Rocky Mountain and Revzilla. Rocky Mountain ATV/MC carries Motoz tires. Revzilla does not.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok update on Chaparral, finally got a call back and apparently they had three truck loads of shipments that weren't scanned by UPS so it never updated. Tires are showing delivered today so I'll be able to put my hands on them after work. Might mount them up this week not sure, I'm excited to put them on but don't need them so I'm trying to put it off. We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well as far as looking at them I'm very happy. In comparison the front tread might not be quite as deep as new 804 but it is much deeper than the E07 we just put in my buddy's tiger. The rear tire might be the deepest tread I've ever seen in a motorcycle tire that's DOT rated. I measure the front at 9/32nds and the rear at 16/32 ( checked that 4 times and double checked the gauge zero cause I couldn't believe that). So I'm hopeful to get 10k out of these if the tread wear is what I've been hearing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So I said to hell with it and threw them on this evening. Only had a short ride home and coming off a car tire it's hard to say how great these really are but to me they're bliss. I have a tiny amount of vibration in decel but nothing I would ever complain about unless it gets worse. I heard the front tire on decel as well more than my 804 but it was quieter on the hwy at speed. Haven't found any dirt yet did run around the front yard in the grass which is slick anyway but didn't have slipping until I goosed and even then it was very predictable. So far I'm extremely happy but we'll see as the season goes on. My buddy just put a fresh set of E07s on his tiger 800 and we're going to several events together so hopefully we can get a close to side by side comparison.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I said to hell with it and threw them on this evening. Only had a short ride home and coming off a car tire it's hard to say how great these really are but to me they're bliss. I have a tiny amount of vibration in decel but nothing I would ever complain about unless it gets worse. I heard the front tire on decel as well more than my 804 but it was quieter on the hwy at speed. Haven't found any dirt yet did run around the front yard in the grass which is slick anyway but didn't have slipping until I goosed and even then it was very predictable. So far I'm extremely happy but we'll see as the season goes on. My buddy just put a fresh set of E07s on his tiger 800 and we're going to several events together so hopefully we can get a close to side by side comparison.
Looking forward to seeing how that comparison goes. Thanks for the update. Those are both tire choices that I'm considering for my K6 Vee. Will be going on some local ADV rides this year and will need more off road competent tires than the Tourance front and Battleaxe rear that are on the bike now.

Still will need good road manners (especially wet pavement performance) as I probably won't do more than 25-50% of the miles off road (and that won't be hardcore............getting a lighter bike for that). I plan to take a trip or two up into and through the coastal western states this summer. Originally I was planning on swapping on some Shinko 705 radials, but that was before I recently hooked up with some local big bike ADV riders. Now I'm thinking E-07, Tractionator GPS, or Shinko 804/805.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Looking forward to seeing how that comparison goes. Thanks for the update. Those are both tire choices that I'm considering for my K6 Vee. Will be going on some local ADV rides this year and will need more off road competent tires than the Tourance front and Battleaxe rear that are on the bike now.

Still will need good road manners (especially wet pavement performance) as I probably won't do more than 25-50% of the miles off road (and that won't be hardcore............getting a lighter bike for that). I plan to take a trip or two up into and through the coastal western states this summer. Originally I was planning on swapping on some Shinko 705 radials, but that was before I recently hooked up with some local big bike ADV riders. Now I'm thinking E-07, Tractionator GPS, or Shinko 804/805.
You definitely can't go wrong with the 804/805 if your on a budget. If money ain't a thought then the E07 are really good. That being said I'm liking these so far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yessir I am indeed operating on a budget. The Shinkos are about 50% or so less costly for a f/r set, so that gives them an advantage in my decision making process. The Mitas and Motoz tires aren't completely outside of the budget for me however, as I doubt I'll be burning through more than one set per year.

Keeping my eye out for a local set of good used wheels. Then I could run Shinko 705's for most of the riding I do, and then swap over to a second set of wheels with 804/805's or TKC80's or something else more dirt oriented when needed. Thinking that the Tractionator GPS or Mitas E-07 (possibly the new E-07 + tires that are hopefully coming here in our sizes soon) would cover all my riding needs without too much loss on either end of the spectrum if I don't score a second set of wheels soon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yessir I am indeed operating on a budget. The Shinkos are about 50% or so less costly for a f/r set, so that gives them an advantage in my decision making process. The Mitas and Motoz tires aren't completely outside of the budget for me however, as I doubt I'll be burning through more than one set per year.

Keeping my eye out for a local set of good used wheels. Then I could run Shinko 705's for most of the riding I do, and then swap over to a second set of wheels with 804/805's or TKC80's or something else more dirt oriented when needed. Thinking that the Tractionator GPS or Mitas E-07 (possibly the new E-07 + tires that are hopefully coming here in our sizes soon) would cover all my riding needs without too much loss on either end of the spectrum if I don't score a second set of wheels soon.
My last two rears were 805s other than the rear wearing a tad bit faster than the 705s as far as road manners go the 804/805 we're almost identical in handle characteristics to me. There is a bit more vibration at parking lot speeds and the front gave me some vibes over 85 but nothing to crazy. I'll never buy a set of 705s again purely for the off-road difference. I ride 95% street because well Delaware is flat and a dual sport dream killer. But when I go I tend to go where my Strom doesn't belong last year I followed a group of DRZ 400s up some trails in PA at the end of it everyone of them couldn't believe the wee was still there and I hadn't gone down. I give all the credit to the 804/805 they are fantastic tires off road I could'nt have done that ride on 705s.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts