StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to try the bike with a new rear Tractionator Adventure. I haven't felt the rain grooves on the freeway since I stopped using Continental RB2's on m BMW's. It was dancing all over the place. I've the same 705 up front and never felt the grooves with the 705 rear on the bike.
In the canyons it was more effort to put into a turn too.
I've go the air pressure at 36/40. Wondering if I need to lower the rear pressure. says 33 psi on the side of the tire. A search of the MotoZ site didn't provide much info and other searches talk about the tires but not pressure specifically.
I could get used to the tire by the initial take is that the 805 Shinko is a much more predictable, comfortable tire.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I finally got a chance to try the bike with a new rear Tractionator Adventure.
I've go the air pressure at 36/40. Wondering if I need to lower the rear pressure. says 33 psi on the side of the tire.

Wonder if 40psi is spreading/splaying the knobs out too much in the contact patch? Maybe try the 33psi and an afternoon on dirt to limber it up; like rubbing a new baseball.

Reactions: notacop

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea but every time I get near dirt I injure myself or provide a large dead bike that needs friends to pick up. In San Gabriel Valley there is jack squat for dirt to go play in anyhoo.
I may drop the pressure to mid 30's and see if it handles differently. But I don't get a lot of time to go try things. I'm hoping MOTOZ users can provide some knowledgeable light on the tires.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I had a friend running Tractionators this summer. The front was horrible and also didn't last. He replaced it with a Continental TKC-80 and said he loved that combo. The rear is a beast.

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i finally got the front MotoZ tire mounted and rode it today. Like the first experience with the rear, the freeway rain grooves felt very pronounced the bike danced a bit in the lanes.Once I got to the twisties the bike felt OK but not as planted as the Shinko 805. It will take a bit of getting used to. The tires howl like crazy. I was a bit worried about rubbing the tire on the front fender but afte 80 miles I don't see any damage. I could hear it making a rubbing sound though.
So for a test it's OK. I got the tires for the price of the Shinko's so I hope they last as long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts