StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned up just as the helicopter arrived.

Didn't see what type of bike as the police wouldn't let us pass the scene.
I could see the ambo's working frantically on him but the cop said it was not looking good at that point.

I hope it is not someone we know, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Motorcyclist killed in horrific crash | thetelegraph.com.au

Please ride carefully, and cherish every moment of this life as it may be your last.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I also hope it's nobody we know and condolences to family and friends. I also think it's a good idea to post these events up, to remind us all of the possible consequences of having an off.

What is the meaning of THIS

White 09 V-Strom DL650ABS For Sale, pm me for pics-details
:confused:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also hope it's nobody we know and condolences to family and friends. I also think it's a good idea to post these events up, to remind us all of the possible consequences of having an off.

What is the meaning of THIS

:confused:
Posting first hand reports is probably more sobering than just a news link.
Knowing that someone witnessed the accident/aftermath in person and posted about it has more "reality" to it than a sanitised 15 second news report (well it does for me when people relate things in their own words).

I arrived on the scene and watched with sadness as the ambo team tried to revive him.

A woman in a car stopped behind me was complaining that she just wanted to get home, 300 metres up the road.
Needless to say, I put her in her place and also said I was sure the bloke dying on the side of these road would have been happy just to get home to his family, no matter how late he was going to be.

And these meaning of "THIS" is the old KLR has rekindled my desire to do bush trails and camp.
But the KLR doesn't cut it for long distance highway work for me, the Wee is great but hard work on anything more than good dirt roads and minor tracks.

Something more like a Transalp/Tenere would be more suited to the riding I'm wanting to do now.
The bike I want has to be able to do dirt well but still sit on 130kph comfortably on the highway, even though I only sit on 110kph most of the time.
That way I can keep up with Mudrat on the dirt and the rest of you on the tar.

I don't have the cash to buy a replacement unless I sell the Wee (unless I can get a Transalp under $3k).

Anyone who has a suitable bike for me can pm me as well.

I love the Wee though, best bike I've owned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts