StromTrooper banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Been a quiet lurker here off and on for a while, and just love the site.

Not exactly Strom related, but I figure you will be very interested in following a journey started last week by my almost 70 year old friend Ron Fellowes. I flew to Bris Vegas last weekend and saw him off on a Thai flight to Kathmandu overnighting in Bangkok.

Ron's goal? To ride his beautifully restored (with all work done himself!) 1910 Fabrique Nationale (FN) 500 cc four cylinder shaft drive ( ! ) motorcycle unassisted from Nepal to Belgium, to arrive there in time for a 10 year anniversary Rally for this marque some time in September this year. Some of you may be more familiar with the "shootin' irons" made by this company that was based in Belgium.

Check out Old Bloke on a Bike | Travels of an old guy on an old bike, from one side of the world to the other and I think you will be blown away. He is truly an inspiration to all who meet him and I admire his tenacity and technical prowess and resourcefulness to undertake such a life changing journey. Just Ron, an iPhone, a solar charger and some basic camping kit and special tools and he is good to go!

Enjoy!

Cheers...herdygerdy (Tony)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts