StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Missed 1 sign (19/20) and 4 scenarios (16/20). One of the scenarios asks if your escape is to the left, to the right, or straight ahead. The correct answer is .... Oh yeah, thought you were going to get a freebie! NOT! Anyway, I do disagree with the correct answer on that one as it looks to me like if you took the escape route that they suggest, then it appears to be a road crew or something of the sort just ahead in the way. There, you got a clue for a freebie anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the link. My daughter was almost hit today by a diver that was not paying attention. I sent this to her and my wife as a reminder that we must always be attentive (car or motorcycle), and it's fun.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I didn't find the scenario section of this useful at all.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I got them all wrong including the signs.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Good way to sharpen your skills. Unpredictable in some cases, just like life!:cool: Thanks for giving me this info.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I found the situational test rather difficult because I recognize nearly all the locations and spent more time trying to pick out familiar sites than watching the road. My score says distracted driving probably killed me. :)

No, I did alright. On the other hand, most the time I got a wrong answer it was on the ones suggesting a possible out-of-frame obstacle. They would even say in the recap, "being an attentive driver you would probably already be aware of the vehicle" or "the evidence in this scene suggests you should check to your side."

I guess the assumption is that I had shut my eyes for the last 100-yards while driving through a construction zone, so I could check my situational awareness.

I found this game more entertaining. YMMV

·
Registered
550 Posts
That was fun but the scenario one was a bit ridiculous. Some questions were very legit while some focused on strange things. For example the speed limit one. Generally I know the speed limit on the road I'm on. I was more worried about that SUV merging into my lane. ;)

Either way is was still a cool site. Thanks for the link! :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
19/20 on signs and 15/20 on scenarios.

I've never seen that diamond shape orange sign that has two arrows pointing downwards and opposite directions...
There were a couple of other ones I've never seen even but were pretty obvious. Most signs are pretty much common sense anyway.

The scenarios was cool too but some of them I disagree with. For example, on one photo, it looked like a vehicle was about to come into my line without a turn signal and to me that is more of a hazard than a construction metal plate on dry pavement.

The problem I had with both tests is that it gives you options which more than one answer is valid but only one is "correct". Like the deer sign the options were "Deer Crossing" or "Animals Present", the answer is obvious but you should watch out just the same for either case.

Still a great exercise on scanning.

·
Registered
322 Posts
One of the scenarios asked whether I should actuate my brake lights or increase my following distance when there were traffic complications ahead...here I am going "Uh...both?"

Like what others have said, cool link, but I disagree with a few of the scenarios. Another one had you curving right then left through a construction zone, and said that the curve was the most potentially hazardous element. Meanwhile you are maybe 100 feet back from a potential gravel/dirt incursion on the road!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Neither did I. Hard to draw any kind of real conclusion as to what you might expect without actually being there.

That's NOT GOOD dude!
:lol::twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts