StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Troopers,

I am volunteer with The Healing Cycle Foundation, a volunteer based charity organization committed to raising funds in support of hospice palliative care.

We are hosting our 9th annual Healing Cycle Ride on June 23rd, 2013. 100% of all Ride donations go directly to supporting hospice palliative care in Ontario.

We are short on motorcycle support for this 1-Day event.

If you are interested in volunteering, please visit following web site
The Healing Cycle Volunteer

Thank You for your interest and support

Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dear Troopers,

I am volunteer with The Healing Cycle Foundation, a volunteer based charity organization committed to raising funds in support of hospice palliative care.

We are hosting our 9th annual Healing Cycle Ride on June 23rd, 2013. 100% of all Ride donations go directly to supporting hospice palliative care in Ontario.

We are short on motorcycle support for this 1-Day event.

If you are interested in volunteering, please visit following web site
The Healing Cycle Volunteer

Thank You for your interest and support

Tim
Website is pretty vague on what is required for Motorcycle support. Can you please elaborate what is required.

Also, good day to test my rain gear :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I am copying below,one of the latest updates that I received;
You can directly contact the team lead to get more info, you will also receive detailed info once registered . Unfortunately, I won't be in town and can not attend, but three of my friends are registered and they will be attending.
I will sent you a PM for the contact info.

Thanks

f) Motorcyclists
The Road Support Crew Director is Mark Garrett and he is responsible for coordinating all road support crew. The MOTO leads are responsible for the MOTO team within their designated route, coordinating motorcyclists and making sure the MOTO team is distributed evenly within their route. The MOTO leads for the following routes are:
Don Guppy (100km Route)
Richard Renaud (75km Route)
Jim Piper (50km Route)
Dave Procunier (25km Route)
Mark Garrett (10km Route)
MOTO will use a “convoy sweep”. The convoy sweep means you go in both directions in a rolling circle, marshalling each group of riders. Convoy riding is more sensitive to the needs of the various groups of riders, allowing fewer motorcycles to protect more cyclists. The cyclists tend to be reassured by the motorcyclist's presence because few of them see the lead or caboose vehicles.
The MOTO team should actively and assertively, but politely, make sure that cyclists are following the rules of the road. If there are cyclists riding 3-4 abreast, the MOTO team needs to tell them to go single file on busy roads and no more than 2 cyclists abreast on quieter roads. The MOTO team should also tell cyclists to always stay to the right if they see them coming out towards the center of the road.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Still looking for help?

Do you know if help is still required?

Thanks,

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts