1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I just imagined it full of water and old leaves. Either my glass must be half empty or I need to clean my garage more often. Good job.

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very Cool. And when you sell the house, a motorcyclist will be buying it with appriciation.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great job, I have a lift from Harbor freight and have been thinking about the same thing. My lift has two foot peddles on the side and I haven't figured out how to cover that space when the lift is down. Did you make a cover for your peddle?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I just imagined it full of water and old leaves. Either my glass must be half empty or I need to clean my garage more often. Good job.
Interesting. I worked at a seed corn plant when I was in grad school, and one day they told me to clean the detrius out of the pit under the truck lift. Now, this was a lift that would tilt a semi, complete with cab, up to about 60 degrees to dump out the corn quickly. I lifted it up, and was brooming out the trash when a hose popped and hydraulic fluid started spraying all over. I thought it was curtains for sure, but I managed to jump at warp speed over the edge before it hit bottom. Gawd.

I now get nowhere near a lift on any kind.

Nevertheless, that is an awsome setup. Congrats!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a lift from Harbor freight and have been thinking about the same thing. My lift has two foot peddles on the side and I haven't figured out how to cover that space when the lift is down. Did you make a cover for your peddle?

But tonight, I'm going over my sons house and convincing him that we should trade his electric operated lift for my foot powered unit..................I made the pit just large enough to accomodate this wise decision on his part.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I now get nowhere near a lift on any kind.
Rule #1

"Never get under anything that can fall on you without some type of safety feature. "

These motorcycle lifts all have some type of fail safe feature that will preclude the lift from crashing to the floor.........

·
Registered
988 Posts
Rule #1

"Never get under anything that can fall on you without some type of safety feature. "

These motorcycle lifts all have some type of fail safe feature that will preclude the lift from crashing to the floor.........
Good point. I'll bet OSHA would have loved to seen that little incident! Actually the lift did drop one other time, with a full semi on it. That was really entertaining, and FAST!!!! Damage was significant to both the truck and the lift, but nobody was hurt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts