StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a jack I used on a Kawasaki but won't work on the V-Strom because of the mufflers. What's best way to get the rear tire up to do basic maintenance like lube chain?

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Centerstand is the easiest method.........I use a Pitbull Stand at home with swingarm spools as mentioned above (will be installing my new centerstand next week). In addition to the Aerostich stand above, two guys make them & sell them over on the ADV Rider forum, under "Vendors".......for about $25 each. They are tried and tested by many ADV riders....including stromers. Good for "on the road" loobing/repairs if you don't have a CS on your scoot..........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two days ago I removed my rear tire using the jack from the trunk of my car. It sounds iffy, but it's easy to put the jack far enough back that the bike is solidly balanced on the front tire and kick stand...

·
Registered
79 Posts
i know other guys swear by the center stand. but my bike is lowered so when i do manage to get it up on the center stand both tires are still in contact with the ground. got a rear race stand that i use with a set of spools on the swing arms and it makes life so much simpler. had i known that i would have picked one up at the same time as the bike. just got a stand for the front as well and it allows me to get the front tire off the ground with no effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts