StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up one of these at Costco Canada $40 bucks, always wanted one when I get to places like this one :) :
Tire Wheel Sky Mountain Plant

Product Chair Rectangle Comfort Armrest
Jeans Musical instrument Human body Bag Chair

30sec easy setup, feels strong enough, and the headrest can be repositioned a few inches up or down, for better comfort, (pillow with Velcro on the back)
Furniture Chair Blue Rectangle Outdoor furniture
Hair Blue Green Purple People in nature

Perfect fit inside my Givi's
Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Trunk Automotive design

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a nice chair. The important point on all of these is how high the seat is when assembled; many are quite low.
Very true, I tried some of the smallest chairs, but this Costco high back with headrest is much more comfortable :)
Product Font Comfort Musical instrument Vehicle

Reactions: Gert

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had my eye on this chair for moto trips.
Haven't pulled the trigger due to the ridiculous high price.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had my eye on this chair for moto trips.
Haven't pulled the trigger due to the ridiculous high price.

If you can get the one with high backrest, and like I said I got about 4 ea at Costco Canada $39.99, your US price will probably be $29.99...our Wallmart is selling the same chair at cad$101.19

Product Chair Font Comfort Armrest

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Just picked one of those up on my trip last week. Part way through our trip my chair blow over backwards as I was about to sit down and destroyed it. My friend was laughing so hard he leaned to the side and broke his chair. As soon as we were near a city we ran into costco and each bought ones of these - fit nicely in my saddlebag and quite comfortable. Can't really beat it for the price

• Haha
Reactions: Sladep and Dado8

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Naturehike makes a nice one, very similar to this one but it uses all metal construction, it's about $80. Having a comfy chair makes all the difference! mine's always in the bike!

·
Registered
2018 V Strom XT
71 Posts
I saw this at Costco 2 weeks ago and almost put it in the cart. Hopefully they'll still have them the next time I stop in there.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same chairs at Costco today even cheaper, cad $29.99 picked up another four
Urban design Eyewear Wall Line Art

They work great, everybody should have one on the bike, the "high back" is the important thing.
Tire Sky Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have Helinox' smallest chair, and yeah, too dang small. And I am not a big guy. I'll have to see if anyone's making a costco run, that's a deal.

·
Registered
K9 Wee
545 Posts
I bought one of these small lightweight camping chairs a few years ago. I've been dragging that damn thing along with me on every trip since. Rarely use it. Never taking it with me again. I'll be listing it on the FB Marketplace.

Not worth the space it takes up in my gear.

Rarely have I not had something to sit on. In a pinch I'll just keep my 30 litre dry bag loaded up and sit on that.

Sent from my Tab 11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mark444

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you have Givi Trekker-type sidecases, they make excellent camp seating. Fold your sleeping bag over a few times and put it between your butt and the case, and you have luxury seating.

But that Costco high-backed chair does look nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Vendor
7,122 Posts
I had to read this thread. There was a thread just like it eighteen years ago on VSRI and it made me feel nostalgic. Except I think someone there had a chair specifically made to be carried on a motorcycle and used while camping.

I just checked. According to Amazon every chair they sell is made to be carried on a motorcycle and used while camping.

·
Administrator
14,999 Posts
I had to read this thread. There was a thread just like it eighteen years ago on VSRI and it made me feel nostalgic. Except I think someone there had a chair specifically made to be carried on a motorcycle and used while camping.

I just checked. According to Amazon every chair they sell is made to be carried on a motorcycle and used while camping.
I think about 10 years ago @Keith Falkner posted a picture of his bike with an office chair upside down on his DL650. The base with wheels sticking up looked like a helicopter.

I can see how this chair would be comfy when camping:

..Tom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts