StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Dowco Weatherall in large that just barely fits over my wee, I'm certain that with either a top case or side panniers it won't fit - what covers/cover sizes have people used that worked?

·
Registered
875 Posts
The large cover at walmart should also work...it fit over my GT with panniers and that thing is bigger than my wee. If you look at the picture below, it's the blue and silver cover on the right.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Although I wasn’t sure when I purchased this cover (about three years ago) I really do like it. It’s the Nelson Rigg UV 2000 half cover and I believe it’s the XL size.

http://www.newenough.com/parts/accessories/covers/nelson_rigg/uv_2000_motorcycle_half_cover.html

What I like most it’s easier to keep out of the dirt and it’s easier to undo/uncover while it’s raining to get to things in the cases. Also, packs smaller than a full size cover although not really that small but certainly smaller. Although I’ve only had to use it maybe a half a dozen weekends over the past three years it’s held up well so far.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The large cover at walmart should also work...it fit over my GT with panniers and that thing is bigger than my wee. If you look at the picture below, it's the blue and silver cover on the right.
I have the Wolf from Wal-Mart too. The Large just barely fits my YZ450F. For the V-Strom with Side Bags and a Top Case, you will want the X-Large from Wally World. It's a nice cover for $20. Had it for years now and I really like it. It comes with a stow bag, that all compacts down to about the size of a loaf of bread. It is easy to pack if you wanna throw it on overnight, when parked outside, on a multi-day trip.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have the one that comes up in EBay on a "V Strom" search. It was about $20 delivered. They claim it's waterproof. I haven't left it outside in rain so I can't say whether that claim holds true, but the size large fits over my 650 - stock screen - stock Kappa side and top cases. It goes down to the bottom of the fork legs at the front and just catches the bottom of the cases at the back. I use it in the garage for winter storage - bike was still shiny in the spring. It's very light and compact when stuffed into its bag. I don't think I'd rely on it for regular outdoor storage.

Here's one currently on offer. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Suzuki-V-strom-650-1000-Enduro-motorcycle-cover-3_W0QQitemZ280510861903QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414fc0124f

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
I have the Wolf from Wal-Mart too. The Large just barely fits my YZ450F. For the V-Strom with Side Bags and a Top Case, you will want the X-Large from Wally World. It's a nice cover for $20. Had it for years now and I really like it. It comes with a stow bag, that all compacts down to about the size of a loaf of bread. It is easy to pack if you wanna throw it on overnight, when parked outside, on a multi-day trip.
Same here, X-Large from Wal-Mart. Our local stores don't carry the Wolf brand anymore, forget what brand it is now, but it is identical. I picked up another to carry on trips.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I currently have a Dowco Weatherall in large that just barely fits over my wee, I'm certain that with either a top case or side panniers it won't fit - what covers/cover sizes have people used that worked?
Dowco now has an "Adventure Touring" size that works great with a tall windshield and Jesse bags.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up the "Large Touring" cover from dowco directly - their guardian weatherall was only $45 - half what a smaller gray one would cost, I guess no one wants a khaki bike cover.

The material seems a bit lighter than my other one, but it seems to do the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts