StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about taking pictures while riding. I learnt that there are ‘sports cams’ that can be mounted onto the front of motorcycles so that pictures can be captured while on the move. There is also a helmet-cam, like what sky-divers wear, and run from a battery on backpack.

Any of you tried your hand at these? I just wanted to film my rides and routes and expose a much larger audience to the world of motorcycling. If I wanted to film/capture any road-side scenery in India, I would just pull over on the shoulders and be all mine. But, in USA, I can hardly stop on the shoulders which are meant for emergency only.

The above seems compact, because I don’t want a 3pound handycam duct-taped on to my handlebar/ speedo.

Any other better alternative?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Some of the guys I ride with have the helmet cam but rarely do they put it on their helmet. Most of the time they try and find a place near the front of the bike to mount it or they use a cam mount that will mount to the gas filler hole. The gas filler hole might take some creativity on the Strom because you would need to get the cam above the all the instruments to get a good shot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The pashnit site used to have some info on this. Check out www.pashnit.com and see if Tim has the info there still. It used to all be free, but now parts are subscribe only. Also ask on the forum. Lots of people there do video's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts