Motorcycle airconditioner

1694 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Foglifter
Motorcycle Air Conditioning by EntroSys

Has any one seen this yet?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9,982 Posts
Curious

Didn't see any specs for current draw or BTU's (heating or cooling). The solid-state heat pumps I've seen draw quite a bit of current for modest heat transfer. Since this unit would need to offset natural body heat production (~100watts) plus environmental heat gain (variable, depending on wind/temp/sun) and the unit seems to rely on open system (rather than recirculating) flow I'd be surprised if the unit would do much more than have a modest (at best) effect. Might make a 90 degree day seem like an 85 degree day, in other words. But not quite enough for Death Valley. Probably be better off getting a cool vest (as used in auto racing). You'd need to stop every so often for ice, but it woudn't overload the electrical system.

· Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Didn't see any specs for current draw or BTU's (heating or cooling). The solid-state heat pumps I've seen draw quite a bit of current for modest heat transfer. Since this unit would need to offset natural body heat production (~100watts) plus environmental heat gain (variable, depending on wind/temp/sun) and the unit seems to rely on open system (rather than recirculating) flow I'd be surprised if the unit would do much more than have a modest (at best) effect. Might make a 90 degree day seem like an 85 degree day, in other words. But not quite enough for Death Valley. Probably be better off getting a cool vest (as used in auto racing). You'd need to stop every so often for ice, but it woudn't overload the electrical system.
I suspect it's much like the "Cool Cans" they sometimes use in race cars. Fill it with dry ice and blow a fan over it. In the photo the guys is on a V-Strom so they should be aware of the electrical limitations of that bike. It's not going to handle much more than a small fan blowing air.

Edit ... Nope, it does say it's a solid-state unit.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just liked the fact that the guy was on a Strom. I wouldn't give up that top box space for something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.