Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some motion pro T6 tire levers from motorcycle super store, decided to give a review of them.

I bought two different ones one a 22mm and the other a 24mm, that way if I'm on the road and I'm in tire trouble and could swap the rear tire with out any additional sockets or ratchets.

The things are pretty light, they feel brittle and I was worried I'd snap them when I use them. They are actually very strong and were able to change out the front and rear tires. These things arent very big and don't weigh much if your comfortable changing your tires you should consider these. It took me an hour and a half to pull the front tire, swap and reinstall.

Here are a few pictures of the front tire change.

2 Tire levers
1 6 inch c clamp
1 pocket knife
1 pad (optional)

Everything you need to change the tire

Breaking the bead with the c clamp

Old tire coming off

Important part use your knee or a friend to stand on the opposite side to push the tire off the lip and into the groove.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
More?

I picked up the Motion Pro Bead Pro - bead popper/tire levers - two seasons back. They're brilliant for breaking the bead and did most of the work, plus some soapy water in a spray bottle, in removing the old tires and mounting the new. Smart folks and good gear from Motion Pro, in my view.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Interesting idea having a wrench on the end of a tire iron, hadn't seen those before.
Some people like to use 3 irons, seems to offer more options for positioning the irons on tough tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts