StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be staying two nights in Colorado Springs within the next month and want to know if anyone can recommend a reasonable motel on the eastern or southern side of town? I want relatively easy access to Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak (basically, I don't want to have to ride across the entire metro area to get there). I tend to stay in Super 8's and Best Western's, if that gives you an idea of the kind of motel I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have no knowlege concerning any motels, (other than they were high priced), but for the prices in the area we chose something more rustic. We stay at the Kamping Kabins at the KOA across from Ft. Carson's main gate. Heat,AC, and one of the best pizzas prepared onsite. Easy in and out on the interstate. I believe we paid $60 per, but don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I have no knowlege concerning any motels, (other than they were high priced), but for the prices in the area we chose something more rustic. We stay at the Kamping Kabins at the KOA across from Ft. Carson's main gate. Heat,AC, and one of the best pizzas prepared onsite. Easy in and out on the interstate. I believe we paid $60 per, but don't hold me to it.
We tend to stay in those alot as an alternate to pitching a tent, but never that one.
Yep ~$55 a night for the 1 room according to their website.
I didn't suggest those because he's a super8/bestwestern type.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best Western in Manitou Springs

I ended up staying at the Best Western in Manitou Springs. It's across the street from Garden of the Gods and was just a short hop from the base of Pikes Peak. Plus it kept me out of the bigger city of Colorado Springs -- I hate cities on the bike. The rates were very reasonable, too. I stayed two nights for less than $190.

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
I stayed two nights for less than $190.

Are you sure you are not ring a BMW 1200GS Adventurer? $190, That's my vacation allowance.:yikes:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stayed two nights for less than $190.

Are you sure you are not ring a BMW 1200GS Adventurer? $190, That's my vacation allowance.:yikes:
To each their own. I budget $150 a day for gas, food, and lodging on my trips. I don't take more than one or two trips a year and they tend to only be 5-8 days each.

I could pay a therapist $250 an hour for far less benefit. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts