StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2013 DL650 Adventure. The dealer gave me the sidecases for almost nothing just to get his inventory cleared up...they've got the MoTech TraX sidecases, which are huge! I just installed a Givi V46 topcase and had to remove one of the cross brackets for the sidecases, but I figured that I'd eventully just get Givi sidecases too. But I'm having second thoughts. Is it possible to have the Trax panniers and the Givi topcase? (I know anything's possible). Does anyone know if there is some kind of modification required to allow for installation of both on my bike? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is basically the setup I have and there's no interference between the top box and the side cases. The adapter plate for the top box bolts to the rear rack on the bike and has nothing to do with the side case hardware. I'm not sure what's going on with your setup but pictures might help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. I'll take another look at it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed something similar in my Glee this weekend. I have a Shad Sh46 and bought Suzuki racks + Trax boxes. No problem installing them together. Nobody has confirmed me that the set was compatibile before buying it all, so after install it was like :mrgreen::hurray::mrgreen::hurray:

If you post some pics of your topcase adapter we can tell it for sure.

Just one tip: If you're going to install Suzuki OEM Alu boxes or SW Motech Trax Boxes, better buy SW Motech adaptor kit (ref KFT.00.152.200)

Suzuki mounting kit (ref 990D0-11J00-067) is just the same, but it's 4 times more expensive than SW Motech kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good. You've convinced me to stick with what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts