StromTrooper banner

Most Popular Windshield chosen for your V Strom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
570 Posts
I was wondersing which windshield did you choose for your V Strom?
I have the stock windsheild with the Laminar lip. I love it 96% of the time. I find at very high speed or cross wind that I still get buffeting (but still not as terrible as without the Lip). I'm thinking of trying the bike with a sheild cut down very low (maybe only a few inches above the mounting bolts) and just enjoy the open air. One draw back to this idea is that my windsheild at the moment is COVERED in dirt! So I guess that means that dirt will be on me instead.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm using the stock windshield but mounted a couple of inches above the stock top notch. Works well for me, I'm 6' tall.

click

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stocker on low for the warm months, MPcycledesigns for the cold and rainy months. In fog and rain, a big screen is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Windstrom Manta. . . . The only screen even close to that for me was the MP Cycle Design I tested for Paul a year ago.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have no issue with the stock screen. If I didn't want to get any wind I would drive a cage or a goldwing. As I have said on here before.. a lot of the buffeting people complain about is due (in my opinion) to the lid they are wearing. Some helmets seem to slide through the air easier and smoother than others.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the Givi mounted in the middle position (no Madstad). Because the Suzuki Gel-seat raised me 1 1/2" inches higher in the saddle.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Stocker, but cut down by 3 1/2" so it's flush with the fairing. A bit chilly in the winter, but we only have *THAT* season in NC for about 6 weeks. :p

J

·
0 Posts
My height 5'10"
Stocker for warmer months, Givi +6" for colder weather. Very happy with protection and lack of buffeting at normal highway speeds <65MPH.
Had Rifle prior to this one, also liked it as well, it offered broader protection, however, in rain, water came up under the windshield between the dash, so you also had wisps of water on visor...RPITA!
Love my GIVI!

·
press any key to continue
124 Posts
I am still using the stock screen, but plan to get a taller/wider one. I added a madstat which helped, but not quite enough for me (6'1'').

·
Registered
369 Posts
I installed a windshied from Burgman 650 a friend of mine gave me. Works awesome!!!

Wingman

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does anyone make a shield that is really curved back? All the ones I've seen to date, stand up fairly straight. The stock shield, in fact, curves the opposite way.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Have a Givi shield but can't comment on it's effectiveness yet. Just mounted it on the Madstad, took a 30 minute ride and parked the bike for the winter. I did notice a lot less wind noise but didn't get to actually form an opinion on buffeting or long term comfort.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CE Bailey

I'm 6'3" with a long torso. The stock screen was totally usless for me. I first tried the Suzuki extended screen and it turned out to be a piece of sh.... as well. I bought the CE Bailey 27.0" screen and it has made such a difference it's like riding a completely different bike.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm surprised that you didn't include Cee Bailey in the choices . . . I've had mine for two years and don't usually wear earplugs on long runs . . . even my old airhead rt wanted me to wear earplugs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the responses

There was not enough room to list the Cee Bailey, so I put other.
Thanks to all that have voted, hope we get more votes to see if there is a clear winner!
Tom

·
Registered
852 Posts
I chose the Touring Lip from Laminar Lip.

My windshield is in it's top most position. When I ride down the road in clean air at 75 to 80 mph, it is very quiet. However when going through turbulent air, I do receive buffeting from the swirling air around me.

The addition of a a pair of Aerostitch tank panniers has also made a huge difference in having a quiet and dry ride.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Fl Strom, can you give a little more info on the tank panniers ?? Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts