StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, it's not a Circus poll, it's a poll on the Beasts section of Advrider called "What Beast do you ride?"

As of right now:

V-Stroms 113
BMW GS's (didn't specify if just F650&800, or not) 95
Buell Ulysses 94
Triumph Tiger Scrambler etc 30
All others 51

I'm most surprised about the Ulysses, as I've only seen one for sure in the last two seasons.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Another V-Strom vote registered!! ;)

Current tally - 123 (Strom)-99(Uly)-97(GS).

I've NEVER seen a Uly anywhere.. :confused:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I bump into 'Strom riders around here all the time.

I was camping with a large group last weekend in Pisgah Forest last weekend.

A bike showed up late on the first night. There were two creek crossings to get to the campsite, so I figured it wasn't a Harley. (a couple years earlier someone showed up on an Electra Glide and dumped it in the creek). Sure enough it was a DL650. I later learned that there were a couple of other people there who I know from outside of motrcycles who are also' Strom riders.

They aren't on this or any other MC forum.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another V-Strom vote registered!! ;)

Current tally - 123 (Strom)-99(Uly)-97(GS).

I've NEVER seen a Uly anywhere.. :confused:
I've seen one.

But as it turns out, the fellow who started the poll linked to it several days ago from a Ulysses site.

By contrast, went to European Bike Night at Motomarket last night and their were 3 DL650's and a DL1000 there. But we had to park in the cheap seats...:D

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I see an occasional Uly around here.

But they are nowhere nearly as common as the poll would suggest. I see some GS1200's and more 650's and 800's now, much more common than Buell's altogether.

Edit: I voted.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Stroms are at 153 now.

I spend pretty much all my Adv time in the regional forum (Flugistan/New England), so I never would have seen that thread. Thanks for the post.

I know a couple of other Maine Stromtroopers, gotta get them in there. ..

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Out of all the bike riders i know in my area(one is a Strom rider). None of them have any interest in coming to a forum for some reason. .... what is wrong with them!! :confused::D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Out of all the bike riders i know in my area(one is a Strom rider). None of them have any interest in coming to a forum for some reason. .... what is wrong with them!! :confused::D
I heard it's because there is a guy, he has an avatar, with the proud and prominent display of a flying middle finger, blatant disregard for tire rubber, and somehow he is also blocking the road. How he managed all that....

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I thought it was the welcome sign to the dirt road. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just tried to sign up but I don't know what bike Anthony Hopkins rode in his motorcycle movie. Hell, I don't even know who Anthony Hopkins is.

The response was something to the effect that I should know it because its a major part of motorcycle history.

I didn't know that watching movies had anything to do with riding motorcycles or the history of the same.

Seems to me an adventure rider would be a person who rides a lot and doesn't watch movies.

I ride a lot. I don't watch movies.

Edit: I guess he was the guy in that Indian movie, meaning he rode an Indian. Still wonder what that has to do with anything.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Sad to say my V-Strom is the only one I've ever seen.

We have a large dealer here of used bikes and autos. As of yesterday, they had 240 bikes in inventory which was limited to years 2001-2008. Almost all were cruisers.

By brand

Kawasaki = 30,
Yamaha - 31,
Harley - 61,
Suzuki - 58,
Honda - 68.

No Buell. No V-Strom (closest to it was an '05 SV650). 16 of the 240 "bikes" were 4-wheelers. Of the 224 2-wheelers, 204 had less than 10K miles. Of the 20 with more than 10K miles, 12 were Vulcans, all engine sizes.

The stats probably don't mean much -- more than likely a buyer for the dealership got most of the bikes at auctions within a 500 mile radius and chose what they thought would sell here.

I called the dealership and the salesperson, a woman, didn't recognize the name "V-Strom".

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I thought you'd like that :)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
LOL :D That funny they ask that! LOL :D

Well it was a good movie..... you should rent it regardless! ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
OK. I signed up and voted.

There is such a thing as too much information. ADV comes to mind.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think the Uly's are receiving so many votes since Buell actually went out and created something less reliable than the shaftie Beemers.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There is one Blue Buell Ulysses that occasionally shows up around here (I have seen it 2 times in the last two years). Both times, it was so clean you would have though it just rolled off the dealer floor :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I just voted,we are at 39.69%!:D
Next closest is the Uly at 22.33% :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts