StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how close you cut it before you run out. I'm pretty sure the most I have put in filling the tank to the bottom of the filler neck is 4.89 gal.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I did 5.6 gallons once. I don't like going more than 5.2 gallons because the fuel pump is cooled to some extent by being bathed in gasoline.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Do you keep all your reciepts? Mine, even the exceptional ones all turn to dust in my pockets!

the only reason I happen to save it is cause it's part of my documentation package for the Ironbutt BBG 1500 I did, that was my longest planned leg between fuel stops, I knew I would be down to my last bar, wasn't planning on watching it flash for 30 miles :yikes:, I did not push my bike into the gas station, I honestly rode it in on its own power

riding in rain drops my milage as much as 4mpg

I have a spare damaged tank I want to expand, at least enuf to get a 300 mile range even better if I can get a 350mile range, not that I ever ride that far without stopping, I have had to wait for a gas station to open for business

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
I have a spare damaged tank I want to expand.
Yousa on that. I'd like to find a cheap donor too.

Actually when I got my first jeep I rolled into a gas station on fumes and put 10.5 gallons in a 10 gallon tank! All of us can do marvelous things when pressed!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I put in $12 once and was impressed. Today I topped it up for $18.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
I have a spare damaged tank I want to expand.
Yousa on that. I'd like to find a cheap donor too.
3 days after I bought my V-strom, a ladder fell on it in my barn, my comprehensive covered the damage minus my $100 deductable, that was less than the discount that I get at my local dealer

unfortunately, I have no fabrication equipment even if I did have the skills,

a few other farkles I wanna get before the tank expansion gets to the top of the list

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I haven't pushed the Vee yet (two possible interpretations of that phrase) but I've put 19.8L into a 20L Bandit tank and 22.05L in a 22L Connie tank (do I trust Kawasaki or the petrol station?).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did 5.6 gallons once. I don't like going more than 5.2 gallons because the fuel pump is cooled to some extent by being bathed in gasoline.
I didn't know you could push it that far. My last bar started flashing and I rode another 30ish miles at 80 mph and only was able to get 4.9 ish into the tank. So if my math is correct I could go at least 60-70 miles once the last bar starts flashing. I put on 1712 mi last week on my little get away to NM and got between 38-48 MPG. The wind and high speed killed my fuel mileage. Normally I get closer to 60 mpg as long as I stay below 65 MPH when cruising.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
There are too many ishes in your figuring. Figure 3.2 quarts is left when the last bar starts flashing and remember it is a bad idea to get really low. I doubt if you did 30 miles on the flashing bar and really filled the tank well.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
21.39 litres but it was farting around as I rode into the servo

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dose it make any difference if the bike is on the center stand or side stand on how full you can get it? If it dose must not be much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts