StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen something like this on another site. Being the adventurer that us wee strom riders are I thought it would fit right in. So what was the temperature of your morning commute. I rode on Thursday Morning December 8,[email protected] 0630hrs. The digital thermometer on my wee registered 22*f.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
ASCII tip

To make the "degree" symbol, you can hold down ALT while you press 1 then
6 then 7 on the numeric keypad. The symbol appears when you let up ALT.

Let's see: that was 22ºF. Yup, mighty chilly.

Winters are only in my past, but there were
plenty of them, and they were tough.
Enjoy your ride, then have a hot drink.
Keith

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Was at or below 30 when leaving the house all week.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
My commute yesterday morning(12/10) was 15F at 6am. I commute to downtown Indy every third day so my return trip home this morning was a warmer 20F. What has really made the difference for me is the addition of Hippo Hands. They may look goofy but they work great, especially in combination with heated grips. The only thing to get cold are my feet after 30 minutes but definitely tolerable.

I hate winter and cold so it's my little way of giving Mother nature the finger.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ditto what Enumclaw said for temp. Of course I only live about 20 miles north of him...and ran into some freezing fog. Even though the road was white it wasn't slippery.
Thankfully when the temps take a dive my heated Gerbings gloves come to the rescue!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
digital thermometer

I seen something like this on another site. Being the adventurer that us wee strom riders are I thought it would fit right in. So what was the temperature of your morning commute. I rode on Thursday Morning December 8,[email protected] 0630hrs. The digital thermometer on my wee registered 22*f.
is your digital thermometer after market or std for what year your bike is?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The coldest I've commuted was 8f on my XS11, The slides in the carbs started freezing and I had to stop and kill the engine until the heat thawed them. I was using a Widder vest and heated gloves plus insulated coveralls. About 14 miles.

I can't make that degree symbol appear.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Holiday in Australia.

While it is too cold or getting too cold for you in the US consider a holiday in Australia. Current temp here is 32degrees Celsius, too bloody hot IMO.:yesnod:
But down south the temps are milder.
Or just come here and live permanently, you can ride your stroms 365 days a year.:hurray:

There are currently plenty of jobs here especially in the mining industry, only problem is finding affordable accommodation in the mining towns. I'm told there are plenty of jobs in the rural sector as well as they compete with the mining sector for workers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
° symbol on PC

Use Alt plus 0176 in that order on Windows to get degrees symbol...°...°...°..While its warm here, rain is bucketing down and Wee seems happy being warm and dry in its shed!!! Rod (I may have to be careful I don't start talking to it!!!!)

·
Registered
541 Posts
22F is about my lower limit. But then I only have about a 17 minute work commute, and then I'll ride as fast as the law will allow (note I didn't necessarily say follow the speed-limit...:yesnod:).

The key is to get all hopped-up on coffee first, then warm up just long enough in the riding duds before hoping on the bike :biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Forget it below 40 ºF. I have a +2 hour commute twice a week. I need electric socks. :yikes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
15F is usually my limit, as I have no heated gear. I have some high-tech rechargeable glove liners coming, though-----so I might get tougher....

to the joker in Sarasota----my brother moved there last year and gave me his balaclava, etc. the bastard told me he wouldn't be needing them anymore....

·
Registered
707 Posts
Rode on Friday

I rode on Friday and it was 22'. I had to put the rain covers over my gloves for the added wind resistance but I was comfortable other than that. No electric stuff for me. I'm lovin' it! :beatnik:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Cold

26 this past Thursday morning. Our cold in South Texas doesn't last for weeks or months like you guys up North, but it gets cold here too. However, that being said, it's suppose to be 78 here later this week..........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Toilet

To make the "degree" symbol, you can hold down ALT while you press 1 then
6 then 7 on the numeric keypad. The symbol appears when you let up ALT.

Let's see: that was 22ºF. Yup, mighty chilly.

Winters are only in my past, but there were
plenty of them, and they were tough.
Enjoy your ride, then have a hot drink.
Keith
I just wish I could strap a toilet on my wee !!!! Hot coffee,cold temps,you do the math boiiiiiii !!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts