StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Left for work at 6:00 am as normal; all the gear. Get to the first stop light, stop, check rear mirror, check left, hear brakes?? grab throttle and, damn too slow, become a hood ornament for a full size van. :furious:

Didn't walk away because some neck and shoulder pain so didn't move until the ambulance shows up. Doc at emergency room takes xrays and says everything looks well. At home after only 3 hours with pain reliever (motrin) and muscle relaxants. :bom_rolleyes4:

Thanks God for gear.

Front part of bike looks pretty good, rear not so much:

Rear Left

Rear Right

Front Right

Front Left

Helmet

Van

·
Registered
42 Posts
OUCH!

Glad your doing well enough to be talking to us. Just the same, take it easy for awhile until you know everythings OK. It takes time for somethings to show up after an accident. (Why Insurance is quick to pressure for settlements) Hope everything works out. And looking forward to seeing you on the road again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:jawdrop: Yikes.. Please let us know what Gear you were wearing and how you think it performed! Glad you came through OK!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Get well soon, coulda been so much worse... especially with the nice star on the windshield. I've seen the results from people making those with their skull and they weren't leaving the hospital in three hours. Helmets work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Glad you are OK. Good thing there was no real hood ornament or you may have had it rammed up your nether regions. This is one thing we all worry about and there is only so much you can do to avoid a rear ending. Take care and hope you have many healthy rides in the future.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
That sucks, glad you're okay, could have been worse.

Did you apologize to the cager for interrupting his Tweeting?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Get well. Follow all the doc's instructions and rehab routines.

Separate the insurance claims into separate parts.
--Bike
--Protective gear
--Your injuries

It is OK to settle on the stuff as soon as you agree with the offer. Take all the time you need to heal before you settle on the medical. If you feel like the insurance company is trying to stiff you, discuss things with an attorney. Lawyers cost you money, so be wary of their charges, but sometimes they are very worthwhile.

Get a copy of the police report. Be sure it is accurate. Keep in touch and enjoy the new bike the insurance will buy for you.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
I'm glad you were able to walk away.

I hope you acquire a new ride, and retain the courage to ride it.

Surviving the total destruction of a motorcycle is a harrowing event, and
the memories will stay with you a long time. You know why I know this,
but the details are irrelevant.

I hope you have already resolved to ride again soon. I did, and rejoice.

Your luck can only improve.
Keith

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Bummer. Hope you escaped with only minor injuries.

Tell me about the "Gripper" pipe end you have? Looks awesome!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune but glad you made it through with, apparently, minor injuries.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
That just sucks for you. I hope the van driver at least spilled his coffee. Looks like you'll be getting a new scooter.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
That really sucks. People who rear end someone should be charged with attempted murder. Glad you are telling us about it but not glad you had to. Heal soon and an absolute +1 for what PTRider says.:fineprint:

·
Registered
256 Posts
You made quite an impression on that van. PITA comes to mind.
Glad you got out of ER with limited damage. Good luck in your recovery and hope you get a good new ride out of the insurance.

I ride regularly to work as well in the DC area with lots of distracted drivers - wonder just how frequently bikes are rear ended. I always keep all my Givi side and rear cases on the bike even when they are empty just to be a larger visual image for other on the road.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Glad to see you are OK. Take it easy & get some rest. Hope you feel OK tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:jawdrop: Yikes.. Please let us know what Gear you were wearing and how you think it performed! Glad you came through OK!
All the gear performed as designed.

Helmet Scorpio EXO 700,
Joe Rocket Atomic 4 Jacket
Scorpion EXOWear XDR Awe Pants
ICON Accelerant Waterproof Boots

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Glad you are OK.... make the bastard pay......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts