StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up looking at an old post of mine regarding my homebuilt pannier attachment system, and found that the link for every photo I posted to document the construction of the system has been broken. The thread I'm referring to is here: Homemade pannier attachment system, Version 3.0

I couldn't remember whether I'd linked the photos to my photo album on the forum or to my Imgur account, so I used the edit mode on the post to see if I could identify where the links lead. I get a warning message that you can't edit more than ten posts within seven days. I can't recall editing any posts recently ( I don't post here nearly as often since the site makeover), but even if I had, what's the purpose of the editing restriction?

Out of curiosity I went to check on another post I made that contained photos for a DIY project (Quick release soft pannier attachment system for Happy Trail racks) and saw the same thing: all the photo links are broken. Same deal with the square tool tube project (Square Tool Tube Project). I'm pretty certain that both these latter threads had the photos linked to my photo albums on this site, so the issue isn't with an outside hosting service. In fact, there's a link in one of the posts on my square tool tube thread (http://www.stromtrooper.com/members/41909-rcinnc-albums-square-tool-tube.html) that's supposed to lead to my on site photo album that instead links to this thread: Peilican 1490s as side cases?.

I get the strong suspicion that a lot of my past content that I've posted has evaporated in the same manner.

The following comment isn't directed at any of the mods, who I know do a hell of a job the keep this site running, but...VerticalScope, your transition to the new format sucks.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
I ended up looking at an old post of mine regarding my homebuilt pannier attachment system, and found that the link for every photo I posted to document the construction of the system has been broken. The thread I'm referring to is here: Homemade pannier attachment system, Version 3.0

I couldn't remember whether I'd linked the photos to my photo album on the forum or to my Imgur account, so I used the edit mode on the post to see if I could identify where the links lead. I get a warning message that you can't edit more than ten posts within seven days. I can't recall editing any posts recently ( I don't post here nearly as often since the site makeover), but even if I had, what's the purpose of the editing restriction?

Out of curiosity I went to check on another post I made that contained photos for a DIY project (Quick release soft pannier attachment system for Happy Trail racks) and saw the same thing: all the photo links are broken. Same deal with the square tool tube project (Square Tool Tube Project). I'm pretty certain that both these latter threads had the photos linked to my photo albums on this site, so the issue isn't with an outside hosting service. In fact, there's a link in one of the posts on my square tool tube thread (http://www.stromtrooper.com/members/41909-rcinnc-albums-square-tool-tube.html) that's supposed to lead to my on site photo album that instead links to this thread: Peilican 1490s as side cases?.

I get the strong suspicion that a lot of my past content that I've posted has evaporated in the same manner.

The following comment isn't directed at any of the mods, who I know do a hell of a job the keep this site running, but...VerticalScope, your transition to the new format sucks.
I will get this reported and try to get them restored for you in the next few weeks.

Jeff M

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Whilst we are at it …..

On a PC: When trying to delete part of a typed text or of a quoted text it is impossible to delete a whole highlighted word, sentence or paragraph. The only way to delete is individual characters one by one. What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
Here's another thread with the pictures missing, at least for me. Tried Firefox (72.0.2) and Chrome (73.0.3683.36), even tried Internet Explorer - no pics.

Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts

I'd be interested in seeing those pictures if you/someone else can get them back. That looks like an interesting thread, and I'd love to see pictures of your work.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Charlie. I actually attempted to correct the thread and add the missing photos, but thanks to this ridiculous site redesign, any time I try to edit the thread I get locked out with the warning that I can't edit more than 10 posts in 7 days. And since I haven't tried to edit any posts on here recently, it's just another example of bad site design and an unresponsive attitude from VerticalScope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts