StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't anyone did something to increase the power of their Strom?
I would like to avoid changing the mufflers unless one brand wouldn't be
that noisy.

St Germain :twisted:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
power

i first drilled a 1" hole in each exhaust.
then installed uni foam filters. 2.25 * 6" part #604

ran without the top of airbox. way to loud. i now have top back on and snorkel removed. quiet enough for now. am probably going to drill some holes in the top of the box.

increase in power. most definitly.

has not been on dyno yet, am waiting to make sure i have a way to adjust the fi box to tune for power.

total invesment so far about 60 bucks. not counting tools.

beers

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howboucha John!
Where did you drill the hole (exhaust) Any pics?
Brendan #653

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hole

right down the center of the exit hole. i used 1" motul drill i got at home depot. was about 6 bucks. had to buy a quick release extention 12" to get deep enough to hit the baffle.

was a bit of work, but well worth it. sounds much better but not to loud.

pics no not really much to show. if i can get hold of a dig camera i will see what i can do.

beers
john stewart

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more power

I have drilled my stock exhaust to 1 inch. Sounds much better but certainly not as good as some good cans. Next I think I will try the Uni filters with the stock airbox. I hope the stock map will handle this combination.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drill drill drill

:shock: If you just drill the exhaust , the risk is to have a loss of torque at low-mid revs, the whole engine is tunedso you should also works on the air-gas input, else it's useless ...

Perhaps it will "breathe " better at higher revs . But I suggest that you try your strom on a dyno for relevant measurements about hp and torque and not just "sound impression".

just my 5 cents :wink:

V

1 - 6 of 6 Posts