StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I had a cam warranty completed on my 2012 DL650 a month ago. I haven't gotten to ride it much due to weather and life, and I got on it today and put 100 miles on it. I noticed, especially at idle, that the forward cylinder top end has noticeably louder valve/cam noise. It doesn't sound like grinding, just louder overall. The idle is also less consistent, but I suspect maybe a small boot leak for that.

Has anyone else experienced louder top end after this warranty? Should I take it back to the dealership for them to listen just to be safe?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Call your dealer, take it back to them. They'll see the mileage on the warranty repair order and compare it to what you have now. They did the work, let them deal with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call your dealer, take it back to them. They'll see the mileage on the warranty repair order and compare it to what you have now. They did the work, let them deal with it.
Alright, kind of what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure. Rode it a bit more since I posted and came to the realization I don't like the way the top sounds on the forward cylinder. I can't really tell if the rear sounds the same. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts