StromTrooper banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sheepskin in Post #37 is approx. $55 shipped from Australia to the US.

You can also use old mouse pads (with the fabric stripped off) to build up on top of the OE upholstery and below any sheepskin, etc. I did that on a ZRX using a Bead Rider.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Just a comment, those honeycomb gel pads are easier to deal with if you want shaping. Just buy some offcut foam and stuff it into the honeycombs in strategic places. I firmed up the edges of mine like that and it's incredibly easy, incredibly effective.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There are a couple of videos on YouTube showing how you can re-upholster a motorcycle seat on your own. You can also get gel pads on Amazon you can use for the operation. I was all set to do that, but I found a deal on Craigslist. I got a Saddlemen "Adventure Track" seat for my 2014 DL650 ADV. It was a big improvement!
+1 for the Saddlemen seats. I have only had mine installed for a few days, but already notice the difference. I got the Adventure Tour seat via Amazon - I've complained, already, that this was NOT heated despite what it says on the title of the Amazon listing, and am waiting to hear back. That link is for Gen1 650 and 1000 seats.

This seat is the standard 1000 seat height, and then some. Really nice. On a Wee-strom, it sits you up much higher, and is a far more comfortable ride. I commute on my motorcycle daily - imagine my surprise to find my butt pain was due to my 35 minute (each way) commute, not to just being on my ass all day. The height increase is welcomed - I did this at the same time as installing the SW-Motech Ion dual-position foot pegs in the lower position, which I found to be a better solution than a peg lowering kit as the pegs are much sturdier with removable inserts.

Anyway. Saddlemen hell yes.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts