StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of the dozens and dozens of websites I visit daily, this place is by far the most frustrating. The tracking and intrusive nonsense courtesy of Verticalscope whoring this place out to anyone and everyone is killing performance.

I can simultaneously open up 10 different threads under individual tabs on any other site and have them open before I can get 1 to open here.

Just now, on this page, what's causing all sort of loading issues, waiting on scripts to load from these intrusive entities Verticalscop has put in bed with us...

Scorecard research

New Relic

Google Analytics

My meager 15Mb/s Download and 1.5 Mb/s upload speed is enough for every other site I've visitied, I can stream video, etc. This place, you would think my computer has transformed itself in to a 386 33Mhz machine with a 9600 baud modem.

Even now, trying to post this rant..

Waiting for h.verticalscope.com

This script is unresponsive and locking up my Firefox browser - Script: chrome://wrc/content/common/scripts/bal.js:1172

What a mess

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Hear what you are saying Kurgan but I haven't experienced any of the problems you have shared. Not the case on another bike site. Can it be tied to your internet provider, web-search engine or security set-up? Know it's frustrating, hope you get it ironed out. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Hear what you are saying Kurgan but I haven't experienced any of the problems you have shared. Not the case on another bike site. Can it be tied to your internet provider, web-search engine or security set-up? Know it's frustrating, hope you get it ironed out. :confused:
This site is know to have demons.

An exorcism is in order.

Or perhaps VerticalScope could simply sacrifice a goat...

Google sacrifices herds of goats daily to keep it running well.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
There was a DDOS attack a while back But I'm not seeing any slowness lately.

·
Registered
710 Posts
And all along I thought it was my computer. Everything I try to view takes FOREVER.:headbang: I just wait patiently and limit my views to only those that seem pertinent.
Thanks for your post, Kurgan. It has given me some relief in knowing it isn't my pc.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The site works fine here in Oakland, CA

The site works fine here in Oakland, CA. I have UVerse web access.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been running AdBlock Plus along with Avast antivirus software for years, which also blocks Web Analytic tracking sites and Google's Adsense.

Time Warner Cable is my ISP and I clear the cache on Firefox once a month. I don't have this issue with any other motorcycle, car or other special interest sites I visit....all of which are non-Vertical scope sites.

With my Avast report, it's blocking 3-4 entities associated with this site. Most other sites have 0-1. One crazy exception, The Weather Channel website (National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report), there are 14 entities trying to track me there..

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Lotame
Google Adsense
Tealium
Criteo
Appnexus
Nielsen
Google GPT
Optimizely
Visual Revenue - Outbrain
Scorecard Research
Chartbeat

Even with having to block all of that, I have no issue with their site loading in a reasonable amount of time.

I know a more robust connection would provide a better online experience everywhere, but it's just this particular site that seems to need a lot more oomph to participate in vs, well, everywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Become a site supporter and the ads go away, otherwise you must live with it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't know how many times I've said this, but Firefox with Adblock Plus = fast and ad-free browsing here and everywhere else, for free. :fineprint:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Become a site supporter and the ads go away, otherwise you must live with it.
It's not the ad's themselves as Adblock Plus and Avast take care of all that through Firefox. Here are some results of site browsing I just performed..

Weather channel website throws 14 ads/tracking entities at my browser and the page fully loads for me in 5 seconds.

The ZRXOA website opens in less than 1 second.

The Adventure Rider website opens in 1-1.5 seconds.

Craigslist opens in less than 1 second.

Amazon opens in 1-1.5 seconds.

Ebay opens in 2 seconds

Baleigh Industrial Equipment website opens in 2 seconds.

MyGarmin website opens in 1.5 seconds.

Next, I try to go to General Vstrom Discussion.......48 seconds to load.

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
It's not the ad's themselves..

Weather channel website throws 14 ads/tracking entities at my browser and the page fully loads for me in 5 seconds.

The ZRXOA website opens in less than 1 second.

The Adventure Rider website opens in 1-1.5 seconds.

Craigslist opens in less than 1 second.

Baleigh Industrial Equipment website opens in 2 seconds.

MyGarmin website opens in 1.5 seconds.

Next, I try to go to General Vstrom Discussion.......48 seconds to load.
I have noticed this site on several occasions to load or run slow, and anyplace else I would browse to will run just fine. So yeah I think there is something up as well, I thought you were just talking about ads.

·
Super Moderator
13,078 Posts
There is absolutely no truth to the rumour that, even though Verticlescope is a Canadian Company, that slowness here has anything to do with problems on the Obamacare website!

(Btw I'm up in Wilberforce at my mom's in the middle of nowhere accessing Stromtrooper from my Blackberry Q10 and have no slowness on this site.)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
With my Avast report, it's blocking 3-4 entities associated with this site.
It's missing some. Ghostery is blocking:

Amazon Associates (Advertising)
Double Click (Advertising)
Google Analytics (Analytics)
New Relic (Analytics)
ScoreCardResearchBeacon (Tracker)
VigLink (Advertising)

Plus Stromtrooper.com is loading a clear 1x1 pixel GIF:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/clear.gif.pagespeed.ce.m7GRxoJyc6.gif

VerticalScope is loading a couple of scripts that can be disabled:
http://static.verticalscope.com/clientscript/ncode_imageresizer.js?v=1.0.1
http://static.verticalscope.com/h.js?20960

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
When I became a premium member, the site became as quick as any other......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts