StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the Moose Racing rear racks with Pelican cases for my 2006 Wee and was wondering if anyone could provide some feedback from experience? I understand the pelican cases are durable and have a good water seal but was wondering about the durability of the mount racks. Any pics of your installed cases would be helpful.

Thanks;
Earl

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, I know, use the SEARCH function. Still looking' for some real time feedback on this product though.

Earl

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Gee, here in Canada we have a completely different kind of Moose Racing.

It's -so- exciting!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Earl
I replaced the oem luggage with Jesse luggage and am very happy with it.Pricey yes but in this case you get what you pay for.They hold a ton of gear and are top loading.I never liked the "clam shell'' side opening cheesy oem ones.
When I crashed my bike in Labrador last summer my initial impression was the right pannier and mounting bracket was toast .I figure I was going around 65kph when the I got caught in deep loose gravel lost control and high-sided.I don't know how Pelican would have held up under the same circumstances but I can guarantee the oem bag would have exploded and the bike surely would have sustained more damage.
When I got the bike home I looked at the pannier and figured it wasn't that bad.I took the thing to work and the guys in the sheet metal shop worked their magic and with a skim of fill and some paint it should look as good as new.Just today I straightened the mounting bracket out using a press and with some paint it will be put back into use.
You can be the judge next summer when we meet up and go for a run.:thumbup:

Maybe I will even buy you a KEITH's.:hurray:

PS- I had a moose try to race me once in the Cape Breton highlands...............I let him win.:yikes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Earl
I replaced the oem luggage with Jesse luggage and am very happy with it.Pricey yes but in this case you get what you pay for.They hold a ton of gear and are top loading.I never liked the "clam shell'' side opening cheesy oem ones.
When I crashed my bike in Labrador last summer my initial impression was the right pannier and mounting bracket was toast .I figure I was going around 65kph when the I got caught in deep loose gravel lost control and high-sided.I don't know how Pelican would have held up under the same circumstances but I can guarantee the oem bag would have exploded and the bike surely would have sustained more damage.
When I got the bike home I looked at the pannier and figured it wasn't that bad.I took the thing to work and the guys in the sheet metal shop worked their magic and with a skim of fill and some paint it should look as good as new.Just today I straightened the mounting bracket out using a press and with some paint it will be put back into use.
You can be the judge next summer when we meet up and go for a run.:thumbup:

Maybe I will even buy you a KEITH's.:hurray:

PS- I had a moose try to race me once in the Cape Breton highlands...............I let him win.:yikes:
The Jesse gear looks like good stuff, but a bit steep on price. The Pelican cases are supposed to be bomb proof but they are not top loading. I'm just doing some preliminary research so am not under the gun to buy. Lots of reading to do for sure.
Looking forward to that run.

Earl

·
Registered
313 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts