StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several threads on here and VSRI about using a DR 650 shift lever(P.U. # MSU16) I decided to give it a try.
It was only $30 thru parts unlimited. all steel, folding spring loaded tip. Its a well built piece. It bolts directly on the output shaft and you get rid of the linkage. Took me less than 5 minutes to install. This reverses the shift pattern to 1 up 5 down. it takes some getting used to, but you can really click off some lighting fast shifts by just tapping your toe. I know its probably not for everybody, but years ago I had a Ducati 250 scrambler that had the same pattern, and I always liked it.
The ATV HI Bars were a steal at $20 and they had them in stock so no shipping charges.(woohoo!!) I replaced the stock bar ends with K and S anti vibration, in blue of course. Only 12 bucks at Dennis Kirk.(PN 59-1364) They really work and look good too.I'm 6 ft and these bars are the perfect height and width for me. I raised the fork tubes 1/2" in the clamps and it turns in with alot less effort now. Can't wait for my Ricks Brace to get here. :cool:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts