StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure hope this is in the right category of this forum.

Does anyone have any opinions (good or bad) on the Moose or Turbo-city brand racks for mounting pelican style case to the Wee?
Thank in advance for any advice.

Moose Racing 2012

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i like mine for the price. don't like that they don't lock to the bike. they are durable and solid easy to use. if you run the racks without the bags installed the mounting pins rattle and you can hear them. their quality is good if not a little "homemade" looking.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/521082-post415.html

mine is the prototype. i made a few suggestions. i don't know if they implemented any of them. i had them weld some tabs on mine so i could mount my Amotostuff Givi adapter plate. didn't make it to production. i wrapped the bottom with heater hose. Bonded with Permatex Ultra Black. tightens it up real nice.

Oh!! and i had to Permatec the little rubber ring at the latch pin on so it wouldn't fall off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look good to me compared to the other stuff out there for this pickup truck of a bike.
Guess I'll make an order and see how they work. Looks like good strength to weight ratio and easy to repair compared the others out there.
May have to run a cable for security or weld some locks to it??

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
one other thing. you can put whatever box you want to on it. if you have to pack more for a specific trip then just move the hoop over to some aluminum cans or larger pelicans. TCI sell extra hoops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts