StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on attending the captioned event?

April 12 - April 15

Moonshine, IL

Thinking a couple days away might be in order by that time if things at home settle down on the medical front.

Anyhow, not for sure if I'm going, but I have heard a lot of good things about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be there on the Little Blue Mule this year. It will be my first camping trip with the Wee. This will be my 3rd MLR. Lots of great people. Terry would be proud that his event continues on and continues to help others.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attended the 8th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run in Moonshine, IL this past weekend.

Must say I will try and go every year forward!

What a genuinely good time...primarily because of the folks that attended. Camped at the founder's farm and met a lot of great folks from all over North America.

On Saturday morning one of the "local" fellas led about 10 of us on a "rough road" ride. Hmm....YES, it was rough, though PRIMARILY slick due to every smidgen of dirt having already been converted to mud, but an awesome ride. Unfortunately, I don't remember the ride "leader's" name, but he lead a really awesome ride.

Crossed at least 6 creeks, lots of gravel...loose and compact...lots of dirt/gravel...lots of straight up slick, southern/central Illinois mud...which put several bikes rubber side up.

Overall, my Wee performed like I expected. With all the "slickery" mud and my Full Bore Adv Tires, there were definitely some squirrely moments, but got through all the mud, the gravel, gravel/dirt, gravel/mud, water crossings, flooded ruts, hills...flats...etc., with some work at times. No, it didn't outperform my WR400, but for the size and "street" personality it has....I'll take it any day!

Overall, had an awesome time and if you are reading this you should plan on attending next year!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was able to meet and talk with StoryTeller for a few minutes there at the farm. Had a great time, as usual. Camping was a little damp with all of the rain but my tent (Eureka Mountain Pass 3xte) provided dry comfort as usual.

I managed to find about 30 miles of gravel on the way hiome to TN, mostly in the southern Illinois and northern Kentucky roads as I worked my way through farm country and river bottom lands. Great ride and an excellent weekend get-away to visit with many old and new friends.

I'll be there again next year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also attended the Moonshine Lunch Run with my brother. Great event!!! We met Storyteller in the parking lot on Friday at the BBQ lunch in Charleston. We were coveting your weestrom and the work that you had completed on it. Nice bike. Glad to here you kept her up on the "mud" ride. See yak next year and we are keeping your family and wife in our prayers.

Both of us have been looking for DL650s to add to our stables of bikes. I parted with my Honda XR650L last fall and I'm itching for a new ride that will work off highway too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Walleye...it was good meeting you guys after the bar-b-q! Glad you guys had a good trip, I know I really enjoyed the weekend. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for my wife, family, and I!

Take care! If you are ever MI way, look me up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts