StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short notice but...

I'm going to head out the Winchester (VA) area and blast to the south end of the Monongahela NF and then blast north. No route set yet, but I need to get the rubber nipples of the sides of my new(ish) Anakees

leaving about 8am or so.

I will check back here tonight and in the morning, if you want to go I'd like the company.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If Only

Short notice but... if you want to go I'd like the company.
Matt,
sorry I missed this as I would have loved to go, IF only I could've gotten the bike back together in time,,, IF only I could've gotten an OK from the dr (still recovering from my accident/surgery), IF only I could've slipped out of the house w/out my wife noticing,,,,,,,

Oh hell; how was your ride?
KevinL

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was good ride.....but...

The Monongahela turned nasty. It was a nice day in the valley, but in the NF it turned to about low thirties and rain. It was one of those days the cagers do a double take and roll their eyes. Anyway the clouds got really dark and temp got colder. I tired of watching for ice. Having no where to be and nothing to prove I bailed towards Staunton to get back to better weather.

Rode back through Harrisonburg and got to wave at the local riders on their shiny bikes from the saddle of my road spray washed (and unwrecked) bike. That's a good ride in my book.

There are a bunch of us Strommers in the area. We must get together in 07.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I manage to get down that way on day rides from Pittsburgh. We make it to Franklin, maybe run 33 over the mtns in VA and back then continue looping back towards home. I plan on spending lots more time exploring the back/dirt roads in the forest on my (new to me) Wee rather than just twisty strafing on my sportbike.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are a bunch of us Strommers in the area. We must get together in 07.
I second that. Since it looks like we'll have a mild winter here I wouldn't mind scoping out a few routes for the group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts