StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I use a set as fork lights on both my bikes, mounted on the fender. They are light, and only 10 watts, good for conspicuity, come complete with wire harness. For that application, you don't need any brackets.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Interested in same set up. Got pics?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are great for daytime use, and really light up the road at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I use those as daytime lights so they are on all of the time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey 2stroke, that's a really clean set up there. Thanks for posting pics. So that's the Denali mount specific to the Vee 2, correct? Also, what option did you use for the control switch? I'll be adding the amber lens covers just for giggles. Looks pretty cool. I'm going strictly for daytime attention as I almost never ride at night, but these should also help if I'm caught outside after the streetlights come on. Thanks... Happy trails! :var_14:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it's the Denali mount for the V2. They come with a nice waterproof switch. I just tapped in to the white wire on horn for switched power. I also purchased the Denali perch mount switch holder... Like 11 bucks. Makes a nice place close to other switched to be able to turn them on and off easily.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mondo moto has two switch options... or no switch at all... Meaning they're hard wired to a switched power source and on all the time like your headlight. I'll be running these at all times and would prefer no additional switch to avoid more clutter up top.

Anyone see any issues going this route? Seems these are not blinding to oncoming traffic, so... Would that be ok or a possible later regret? :nerd:

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I have them wired to an EB EC-8 so I could always yank the fuse if need be but still kept the switch for flexibility.

DR1s switch left - Mondo's right.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think you would be fine. The switch is free. I would take it. Don't have to use it. It is nice to be able to turn them off. You could even hide the switch. It's easy peasy to install.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks guys... Good info!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts