StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kids,
Gotta book these sites early! So.......
Mohawk Trail State Forest Motorcycle Camping Weekend ( MTSFMCW ) set a little earlier this year. Maybe a little chillier. But that will make for better camp fire appreciation! Are you ready?
This year I've booked May 15, 16, 17, 18 2015 at our traditional group site.
Wadda y'all think? Who's on board?
Y'all can view reviews and pics from past camp outs on this "New England" site.
And I JUST pickled the bike for the winter!! C'mon May!! :)
I'm betting Trapper Dick will be the first to post.
See y'all in just about 6 months! lol
Ride safe, Ride warm
gary

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've heard great things about your rally , I think it was Chyrosid and BabaAus who were extolling the virtues , around the campfire at Neva14 and the Maine leafpeeper tour . Are Canadians accepted at par ?

How does one go about booking a site ? subscribed to this thread !

Alex .

( Apologies to TrapperDick if I trumped you ... )

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard great things about your rally , I think it was Chyrosid and BabaAus who were extolling the virtues , around the campfire at Neva14and the Maine leafpeeper tour . Are Canadians accepted at par ?

How does one go about booking a site ? subscribed to this thread !

Alex .
Canadians? Ya! We'll finally go international! Yipppeeeeee! Ya don't have to book a site. The site is booked! It's a group site and will cap at 20 "for sures" or so. If you want a private site go to ReserveAmerica.com and type in Mohawk Trail State Forest, Massachusetts. We'll approach "for sure" listing some time around March or April. I post it up here and KLR 650.net cause I used to ride a KLR and found that community to be filled with really nice and cool riders, as is Stromtrooper. I don't post in AdvRider cause their roster is way too large and don't think I could accomodate more that 20 or so ( some with signifigant other in tow ). That being said, I don't think we've yet reached the 20 mark. Last year was the biggest response and I'm guessing we had about a dozen riders. Great support staff and two dogs! Check out the past threads for pics.
So, welcome aboard our northern neighbor! :)
g
PS: TrapperDick? Where are you????

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Gary,
Great to hear that you haven't left the area yet (retirement?) and will once again host the Mohawk Trail State Forest Motorcycle Camping Weekend
( MTSFMCW ). I personally attest to you and your family's gracious hosting of this great weekend of riding and camping. Please count me in for sure! And, if you need help in any way, please p.m. me.

BTW, If any of our friends from up North over the border can and do attend, trust me, your gig will have risen to a higher status. First, you can call it the International Mohawk Trail State Forest Motorcycle Camping Weekend. And second, these guys know how to party!:green_lol:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Syd!
Alright! Great to hear your early acceptance! WoooHooooo!! And thank you for the offer of any help needed. If it arises, I'll not hesitate to ask. 2015 will be our fifth outing. It started out as a re-union of folks who attended a KLR "tech day" at my house. I haven't seen the same on Stromtrooper, but the KLRistas get together for tech days in which experienced members of the forum help out inexperienced or mechanicly challenged ( read: gary ) members do some of the more complicated maintenance and mods. So................ the (snow) ball is rolling! :)
Happy winter to all. Dreaming of May already!
g

·
Registered
439 Posts
Argh, I'm sorry I can't make it. I always have a work commitment on the 3rd weekend in May. Too bad for me that it's not on the same weekend as last time --that was such a nice time.

Have fun y'all. Gary, you, family and friends put on a super nice event! I'm really bummed I can't come back.

pmk

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:-( Call out sick ( of work! ) !!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete's IN! Yipppeeeeeeeeeee!! The early bird special! :)
Let's all have a great (and short ) winter!
g

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Gary,
Now this means you will have to attend Pete and Ginny ' s Fall Peep Show in Maine.:biggrinjester:
And if it's too long of a ride for him, he can be my pillion! :thumbup::thumb up:

Seriously, thanks for locking in that sacred camping area, Gary. I'm down for it and happy to help anyway I can. We have to let the Canadians in. I cross into their territory at least once a year. True flattery if you ask me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gary,
Now this means you will have to attend Pete and Ginny ' s Fall Peep Show in Maine.:biggrinjester:
Syd,
If I'm not riding in north Georgia at that time, I'll try dang hard to make it. Last fall Pete gave me, Billy (VStrom from NYC) and John ( 2013 BMW 1200GSA) a preview ride before the actual peep show. He fixed us up with the traditional PeepShow campground. He was an excellent ride leader and host.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And if it's too long of a ride for him, he can be my pillion! :thumbup::thumb up:

Seriously, thanks for locking in that sacred camping area, Gary. I'm down for it and happy to help anyway I can. We have to let the Canadians in. I cross into their territory at least once a year. True flattery if you ask me.
Hey Steve! Nice to hear from you. Ouch! Riding pillion? Some call it riding "bitch"! lol Not for me, but thanks for the offer!
Yes, Steve, I agree. Mohawk Trail State Forest is sacred ground. I've always felt that there. And yes, we all agree that our northern neighbors are more than welcome. We do love riding in their beautiful country, too.
Steve.....sending you a PM
Maybe I'll bump into you again on the road, early spring 2015!!
g

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great pictures 568V8, thanks for sharing..........td

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very cool link. Thanks!
TD!! Good to "see" ya!! :)
g

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi folks. I'm not able to make the camping trip but I'd like to swing by and meet some folks face to face if that's ok. Maybe tag along on a ride if your going out on Saturday?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts