StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add a tail light that will flash when braking. I know that I saw one somewhere, and I can't remember where. Any help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine are on their second bike as well, and at least for me, they do their job.
With the hyperlites installed, most cars leave a full car length between us and don't tend to creep closer while waiting for the light to change.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't checked out the custom dynamics yet, but the hyperlites. Do they go underneath your stock break light? It looks from what I can tell, that they are a separate light system? Were they easy to install?

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
I haven't checked out the custom dynamics yet, but the hyperlites. Do they go underneath your stock break light? It looks from what I can tell, that they are a separate light system? Were they easy to install?
They have more than one style but they are separate lights. I use a Kisan Modulator for my factory tail light and have Hyperlights mounted to the sides. I used the Hyperlight version that does not modulate since I have the Kisan modulator.

They are relatively easy to install. They require splicing into a few wires as I recall but all-in-all a relatively straightforward installation.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for steering me in the right direction. Decided to go with the P3's. After I thought of it for a while, I first ordered the "Photon Blasters" for the front, soon to be followed by the lights for the back. Those left handers scare the crap out of me. Every little bit helps, right? FYI, they take $20 off per item up to 2 sets of back and 2 sets of front lights if you email them a copy of your rider safety course card. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I first ordered the "Photon Blasters" for the front, soon to be followed by the lights for the back. Those left handers scare the crap out of me.
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I personally would suggest that the most important equipment you can add to help prevent that is a headlight modulator. Nothing is guaranteed, but the "motion" that they generate is critical to breaking through the cognitive filters that cause drivers to not "see" you.

edit: I originally said "the most important thing you can do to prevent that ..." and then immediately realized that I should limit the scope of the discussion to vehicle equipment, lest I invite a discussion of the importance of mental and behavioral components of crash avoidance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No trouble at all. I appreciate the input. That will probably be next. I figure I can prevent most if not all my own stupidity, it's the others that are most likely to put a premature end to this thing!

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
I completely disagree. I detest headlight modulators. People at stop signs think you are flashing for them to go ahead. While riding someone else's bike that had a modulator I nearly got hit twice until I finally figured out what was going on and turned the damn thing off. My own personal opinion, but I will never, ever have one on my bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I completely disagree. I detest headlight modulators. People at stop signs think you are flashing for them to go ahead. While riding someone else's bike that had a modulator I nearly got hit twice until I finally figured out what was going on and turned the damn thing off. My own personal opinion, but I will never, ever have one on my bike.
What's your take on the photon blaster idea?

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
I don't know what they are. Presumably some sort of driving light. As long as they don't overtax the electrical system and are mounted low on the forks I think they are a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I now have the Photon Blasters on the front, and the P3's on the back. Great product, easy to install and I really can't say enough about the customer service. If you're on the fence, buy 'em.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
There's a new brakelight modulator in town and it's intelligent. It doesn't just flash the same all the time, it reads your braking situation and flashes accordingly. It's called the Supabrake and I'm selling it. It is plug and play on a VStrom and most popular bikes.

Read all about it here:
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Supabrake/supabrake.html

Yes it's expensive but I think it's worth it. Most brakelight modulators can be annoying and you can only set them for one flash pattern, some not at all.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Most brakelight modulators can be annoying and you can only set them for one flash pattern, some not at all.
The Supabrake looks very nice, and the price isn't that bad at all.... but I just gotta say that my existing (Kisan) brake light modulator has never annoyed me. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts