StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I do not intend for this to be a discussion about windscreens. I know that there is a dedicated sticky for that. That being said, I searched through it and did not find what I am looking for.

Has anybody modified the ratcheting mechanism to make it permanently set in one position? When on dirt roads it bumps around and makes all kinds of noise. I just know that one day something is going to break. I'd like to somehow modify it so that it stays in the position that is furthest back all of the time.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well i modified mine so that it has another position more forward. But stick it in one posy no, never had mine move from where it was set.

Tom R

·
Registered
650 Posts
Mine has bounced into another position...cut up some of the little rubber doorstopper wedges? You wont have to pull the dash apart ;)

·
Vendor
4,656 Posts
I think someone else said this first, but stronger springs or additional springs might achieve less bounce. McMaster Carr has a wide variety of springs.

I guess I have gotten used to mine. It's serviceable with a TomTom or cell phone mounted on my over the dash shelf.

However, I can't think of a down side to adding a temporary clamp or replacing the springs with solid dog bones to hold the wind screen in one position.

The more I sit here and think about it the more I like the idea. I never use anything other than the most forward position. Immobilizing it may be an improvement.

We2V2, do you have any pics of your door stopper fix?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Rick, the doorstopper wedges idea is "cloud based" lol! but if I locate a few of the little chaps I,ll do a mod and flick up some pictures :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts