StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I recently purhcased a fine Image Dynamics headlight modulator, I read all the previous chatter about the "Heads-up" model that used to be available. That was the one that you could manually control whether it's functionality was automatically turned off via ambient light conditions. A quick check with the Multi-Meter shows that in a darkness condition the Photo diode opens up. When light is present, it closes. Merely cutting the light sensor off of the harness and shorting the 2 wires together the device will modulate for as long as you wish, its one less hole you have drill in your bike and one less thing to worry about. I prefer to maintain control of my electronics, If it was dark I think it would drive you crazy anyways, but...if happened to be stopped on the side of the road at night it may be useful to modulate on lo-beam for added visibility along with your emergency flashers. Nevertheless, I thought this simple mod would be appreciated by the electrically challenged who were thinking of buying this modulator instead of the Kisan. Enjoy...Anyone coming up to Americade this June?

Jerry

1 - 1 of 1 Posts