StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know of crash protective parts made out of poly carbon-fiber or similar high tech materials? I'm so ready to rethink the whole crash-protection issue.

I've ditched Weestroms a few times. Found out crashbars poorly-thought-out can actually make part of the crash worse..... found that out the hard way.
What about skid plates? I've seen plastics that can take an awful beating and yet retain their shape. They will scar, but will not break. Actually, the Weestrom sidecovers are pretty resilient as some of us have found. I've dropped so hard that the tank under the shroud deformed, but the sidecover got away with typical rash. No deformation. No dents. No holes or cracks.

What's out there already in this regard? For these or other bikes you may know of?

anyone used the Hyde product? Suzuki DL650 V-Strom Motorcycle Accessories brought to you by Hyde Racing!
http://www.hyderacing.com/images/product/suzuki/ab_sg_65_l.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Anyone know of crash protective parts made out of poly carbon-fiber or similar high tech materials? I'm so ready to rethink the whole crash-protection issue.

I've ditched Weestroms a few times. Found out crashbars poorly-thought-out can actually make part of the crash worse..... found that out the hard way.
What about skid plates? I've seen plastics that can take an awful beating and yet retain their shape. They will scar, but will not break. Actually, the Weestrom sidecovers are pretty resilient as some of us have found. I've dropped so hard that the tank under the shroud deformed, but the sidecover got away with typical rash. No deformation. No dents. No holes or cracks.

What's out there already in this regard? For these or other bikes you may know of?

anyone used the Hyde product? Suzuki DL650 V-Strom Motorcycle Accessories brought to you by Hyde Racing!
http://www.hyderacing.com/images/product/suzuki/ab_sg_65_l.jpg
I've used the Hyde skidplate. Basic protection....not for rock hopping, nice and light.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've never used them but I have a buddy that bought a plastic skid plate for his KTM 450 and it seems to be holding up pretty well. I hope it lasts as he is pretty hard on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts