StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't mean to be a whiner, but at some point there WILL be a forum for the newer models (a la 2012 and beyond). And, someone may be sifting through the 650 forum looking to copy tons of threads over. No one needs to tell me that this takes time, effort and money or that 'I can do it.'

The 650 forum is choked with messages from eager beaver 2012 owners who are proud of their machines but looking for answers that just aren't there yet. These are going to be dead ends unless someone moves them from old to new.

Ok, I'll lay off and enjoy my '06 now from the garage....:rant:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would love to see a 2012 forum. I spend a lot of time sifting through messages for older models, hoping to hit on some good, new information about the 2012 650.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The Forum of GLEE!

:green_lol::green_lol::green_lol::green_lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
2012 or GLEE

The bikes are different enough on parts and fitment. Maybe just put something in the title to help search.
Anybody know of a fix for a longer brake line, the Galfer sent to me was for 2011 and earlier. The 12 has completely different plumbing.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Poll on New 2012+ Forum

We did a poll on this topic and the majority agree. I have brought this to the attention of the moderators on two occasions with no results yet, but I still have hopes that they will see the need and provide a separate forum. I may have been the only one to directly pm the moderators, so it may help if others contact them directly through pm's.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
We did a poll on this topic and the majority agree. I have brought this to the attention of the moderators on two occasions with no results yet, but I still have hopes that they will see the need and provide a separate forum. I may have been the only one to directly pm the moderators, so it may help if others contact them directly through pm's.
I'd like to speak my mind, but the thread would be deleted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
GLEEFUL

Happy to see that Suzuki is moving a fair amount of Glees so early in the season. It's seems enevitable that by this time next year there will be a 2012 and above forum. There will be alot more Glees on the road and they will have seperate issues from the Wee.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I WANT MY GLEE! The waiting is driving me nuts but my dealer still hasn't heard anything. The same thing happened in 2007. Everybody was writing about getting 2007s with ABS and there were none in the Midwest.

·
Registered
255 Posts
People are honest to God going to call them glees?:jawdrop:
Whats next, these guys prancing around in silver tights singing "I got me a glee strom."

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
People are honest to God going to call them glees?:jawdrop:
Whats next, these guys prancing around in silver tights singing "I got me a glee strom."
I agree, glee strom is stupid. The gladius is no longer even made. Wee strom was also kind stupid, but whatever, I can ride with "glee."

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree, glee strom is stupid. The gladius is no longer even made. Wee strom was also kind stupid, but whatever, I can ride with "glee."
For that matter 'gladius' never struck me as all that cool a name either. Must not have done it for the buying public either since they probably sold about six of them.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I should point out that the USA is not the only country in the world. Just because the US doesn't get the Gladius anymore doesn't mean they aren't made anymore. Same with the DL1000, we never stopped getting it.

Anyway, if people must abbreviate it then I prefer Gee to Glee. :thumbup:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I should point out that the USA is not the only country in the world. Just because the US doesn't get the Gladius anymore doesn't mean they aren't made anymore. Same with the DL1000, we never stopped getting it.

Anyway, if people must abbreviate it then I prefer Gee to Glee. :thumbup:
Do they sell there? Suzuki didn't import much in '10 anyway but they were a sales dog here. It was probably a fine bike minus some minor issues like the cheap looking plastic frame covers and such.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea I agree, Glee just don't sound right, Wee was/is OK, how about jsut 'G' as in a VStrom, WeeStrom and a GStrom

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gstrom actually sounds kind of cool, well better than wee strom or glee strom anyway.:green_lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like "Glee" because it is a bit twisted, but could be persuaded to say "G" and adjust the forum tags if that's the desire.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.