StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm curious about the strom model year differences, it sounds like there have been some problems with different years. I know the '04 will have the fancy windscreen, but what else is changed?
thanks for your time,
Larry

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Howboucha Larry!

Good to see you here and that you are thinking about one of the most practical motorcycles in the current market.

Personally I have had no problems with my V-Strom and I have about 20K on the clock and they were hard miles too.

When the Yahoogroups site was started someone mentioned a clutch issue. Well that became the big concern, but only a few "documented" cases actually occured.

The bike has been an excellent and reliable machine.

Spend some time in this site and you will find a ton of information.

Brendan
2002 V-Strom

·
Registered
213 Posts
To anwser your question. The belly pan was changed to allow more ground clearance, handguards are bigger for better protection, passing light and 4-way flashers, different guages and mirrors. As far as any changes to motor who knows if Suzuki changed anything in the fuel injection. Also have not heard if wattage has been upped again. If I remember correctly the turn signals might be different. As far as problems on the old bikes only the clutch baskets on some of them mine included. That and a water pump shaft have been the only problems in 20000 miles on my bike. Both were covered under warranty without any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts