StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some talk about Suzuki not using DL1000 for the 2014 model. A search for a factory service manual at Genuine Suzuki Manuals shows the title of the manual is 2014 DL1000A (V-Strom)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Are you saying that the suffix "A" is the only difference? I assumed that it meant "Adventure"

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "A" suffix means ABS in Suzuki models. I'm saying Suzuki is keeping the DL1000 in the model designation rather than dropping it just like it kept the DL650 in 2012. Both get the "A" as they are only available with ABS. Since DL1000 was not mentioned in early advertising, there was conjecture it may have been dropped.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
The OEM parts diagrams list it as DL 1000 for model year 2014 also.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen any 2014 parts lists.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
I have, and am trying to get my contact inside Suzuki to send me one of the new clutch baskets! They have a different part number, even though they look identical, so there must be a change. I am betting on different springs at least.

·
Registered
240 Posts
don't bet on it...

I would not bet on the fact that they used a new clutch basket. Why would they if they "fixed" the old one. From a financial position it would be stupid if the new one worked well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts