StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent ride we pulled up for a break and noticed this

The mode select button is missing in action never noticed it missing at the last stop.
Rang the dealer to check on replacement switch but in typical Suzuki fashion you have to buy the whole block $532 AU taking bike in tomorrow to begin a warranty claim fingers crossed.

Cheers V2man

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
I've never seen that posted here......wow. And $532?...double wow. Which one of your bikes did this happen to? Are there any on ebay?

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Cripes, I wonder what broke to cause that, doesn't seem like a typical part to let go. Did you have any crashes on left side perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never seen that posted here......wow. And $532?...double wow. Which one of your bikes did this happen to? Are there any on ebay?
This is on my bike which is a 2014 model same as GotaV2's the only difference mine was a demo from Suzuki Australia which had 4000 Klm on the clock.
The switch never felt loose or like it had any movement in it.
There are two small pins in the picture that look like they hold the offending piece in place and if thats all it is then there is not much doing so.
Not sure about eBay but will check it out once Suzuki Aust. make a decision.

Cripes, I wonder what broke to cause that, doesn't seem like a typical part to let go. Did you have any crashes on left side perhaps?
So as not to jinx myself with a Yes or No answer lets just say the bike has always remained vertical. :smile2:

Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
V-2 man,

I had what I thought was a bad turn signal switch on my 14 dl 1k a while back. Wouldn't turn on maybe one of 100 times so I bought a new assembly. Before making the change I sprayed contact cleaner in there and that solved the problem. I still have the part. I'll pull it out of storage tomorrow and post the part number and a photo if I can figure out how. As I recall, it cost me about 135 USD. I'll find receipt as well. If it is what you need, I'd sell it for cost plus shipping. Haven't had an issue since I cleaned it so I doubt I'll be needing it.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day moglink,

Thanks for the offer we will see what Suzuki Aus does but will certainly keep you in mind :thumbup: as it would save me heaps. :yesnod:

Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
V2 man, While I have the number in front of me I'll pass it along. Suzuki part no is 37400-31J02. If you need it let me know. Partzilla and Babbitts are good sources for OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V2 man, While I have the number in front of me I'll pass it along. Suzuki part no is 37400-31J02. If you need it let me know. Partzilla and Babbitts are good sources for OEM parts.
Bingo part numbers are the same :thumbup: so we will see what happens.
We do know the wiring on our bikes is different from yours as we tried the eastern beaver rear tail light extension to plug in a modulator & the first one did not work as it did not match up with our wiring but that shouldn't be a problem in this case I wouldn't think.

Had the bike at the dealer submitting the warranty claim so the wait begins :var_36:

Cheers

·
Registered
754 Posts
LOL
I think i bought the seat from that bike yesterday.I had it shipped to Terry Adcox for him to build me a seat....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts