StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lowered my 2012 650 by 3/4" front and back. Is still maybe a 'tad' too tall. My heels do not quite reach the ground. I am a novice rider and would be more comfortable with another 1/2" - at least whilst learning.

Question: if I lower the back an additional 1/2" (I don't believe the front can be lowered any more), do I need to modify / restrict the travel of my rear suspension? I saw a post from a few years back where Grey Wolf had mentioned this and posted a picture of a worn-through fender? What about when I add a passenger?

Thanks mucho!

Papa-Coco

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You can lower the rear as much as 1-1/8" on a Wee with no fender danger. In fact I hadn't thought about it before but the longer shock on the Glee may allow even a but more.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Or, cut down the seat. Remove the cover, carve out the foam, replace the cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I just ordered new lowering links, so I guess I won't try my hand as an upholsterer :). Have you done this? If so, you must be happy with the result.

Ron (papa-coco)

·
Registered
296 Posts
My experience

My first bike, and only bike, is a 2013 DL650A. At first I thought the bike was too high, top heavy but now after a full year of riding, all seasons, and without doing anything to the bike it all seems fine. I'm still discovering this bike's capabilities as I gain experience.

Here's what I'd want for the bike...I wish Suzuki would provide a quality upgrade option at time of purchase for both suspension and brakes. I'll upgrade my suspension when the current factory supplied wear down enough to justify replacement.

Regards

·
Registered
195 Posts
I took the lugs of my set, then boght the lower seat and took the lugs of them , then put on the lowering links ,
Has i've got used to it i' don't know if the suspension has dropped or i'm just more used to it , . But i put the lugs back in the lower seat . did'nt make a differenc ,

I got sick of the lower seat too hard , so put the normal seat back on and its still good but more comfortable , now i put the lugs back in that seat and its still good .

Put the lowering links on ride it and give it time i think you will be fine , if not don't stuff up your seat just buy a lower seat you can always sell it later , .

If the lower seat and lowering links still leave it to uncomfortable and hard to handle ,, change bikes .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts