1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cool! I ran dual band handhelds on my bikes and ATVs for years but haven't done it yet on my VStrom, which I've only had 10 years:mrgreen:
Didn't have bluetooth back then so I used a coiled cord to my helmet with an easily disconnected cord if it got pulled on.

You mention RFI a few times- question I have is which way? RFI from the bike or to the bike?
I've had a few cages over the years that emitted RFI to my comm gear and have had one in particular that was interfered with by comm gear- a Volkswagen Rabbit.
The Rabbit would triple the turn signal flash rate above about 10 watts on 2M and would actually shut off the motor above about 50 watts!
One can imagine the potential seriousness of unexpectedly killing a bike motor at the wrong time!!
The Vstrom is the first bike I've owned with a microprocessor based engine management system, and as I said I haven't tried comms on mine.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RFI from the bike side. I'm pretty sure I have a compromised Spark Plug cable that is causing issues. BUT I also think that it could be the mount. I'm still trouble shooting. It works fine sitting still. Works great with that half wave antenna but when I go down the road It's all noise coming in and going out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts