StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Mobil has decided to confuse everyone and change their cap color codes. The last time I was in my friendly Wal-Mart looking for oil, the cap on the 15W-50 non-energy-conserving oill was GOLD not RED. I ended up buying Shell Rotella T Synthetic. (The Shell was cheaper anyway). :shock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
So far as I've been able to tell Rotella is the only non-MC oil that will tell you it's suitable for MC service. So far I haven’t gone to the synthetic blend (dumb reason --- Suzuki approves 15W40 but doesn’t list 5W40) :? When the warranty is up I will go to the synthetic, right now I don’t need the heart burn that goes with holes in the warranty statements. :cry:
Recently I read where someone (on another site) clamed to have communicated with Mobil about their 15W50 and was told (by Mobil) that it definitely was not suited to MC service. I tried to check it out on the Mobil website but couldn’t get any info one way or another. If it’s not energy conserving I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be a good choice, except that Mobil markets a very high priced MC specific oil --- Makes one wonder --- Tiz a Puzzlement – indeed a true puzzlement… :roll:

old george

1 - 3 of 3 Posts