StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fitted a 140 E08 to the Wee for mainly tar and good dirt and snared a spare rear rim to fit up a 150 E10 for the dirt.
Will let u know my thoughts about both in the near future.

So far ( 600ks) the E08 tips in a lot nicer than the K60. Am doing a 3 day trip North/west of Sydo next week.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Interested to hear your thoughts after your trip Stretch, I considered the E-08 and the shinko 705 last tyre change and ended up go for the shinko.
As for the E-10 I have a mate who rides a Ktm 990 and he loves the things.
thinking I'll try one for my run to the corner next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
K60's

Just completed approx. 4,000km on a pair of heidenau k60 scout's.

Spot Adventure Page

This tyre served me well. Road conditions encounted: Fast Tar, Gravel, Sand, Bull Dust, Hard Rock...a bit of everything. Is it knobby - no. Does it instill confidence on wet black top - yes.

Were they to expensive yes...would I buy again today yes.:hurray::hurray:

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just completed approx. 4,000km on a pair of heidenau k60 scout's.

Spot Adventure Page

This tyre served me well. Road conditions encounted: Fast Tar, Gravel, Sand, Bull Dust, Hard Rock...a bit of everything. Is it knobby - no. Does it instill confidence on wet black top - yes.

Were they to expensive yes...would I buy again today yes.:hurray::hurray:
Agreed they are a good all round tyre. I was just dissapointed with the wear rate of the rear scout compared to the 1st model K60 i had.
How worn is your rear after the 4k trip?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The E10 i had was about a year ago. Just found out on ADV rider, that they changed them. I just bought a t80 today, 4000ks from now, i will give the E10 another go.

·
Registered
608 Posts
A mate and I bought E10s at the same time.

He hated them.
I loved them.

The rear tire was smooth by 5000kms. I thought they were good everywhere, including tarmac.

Have just put a Kenda Big Block on the back, thinking I'd get more km's out of it but it's wearing down quickly.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oooh! They look the goods. What are like on dirt?

Ron,
My front K60 now has 13k on it and is a great all round tyre and i would recommend it. The rear Scout mmm, well i have taken it off after about 6k becauase it has worn too flat. Still plenty of tread left but not nice to ride on in the twisties. You can have it just to try if u want.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts